Chapter 1: End of Suffering

Friendship? What is friendship? In fact, what does it mean? What is care, or honesty, or even love? I don't believe I have even truly experienced those so-called wonderful feelings. Even in my own family. I hated the family I had yet it was never like that when I was under the age of five. My mother, Scarlet, was a beautiful unicorn who created special herbs and medicines for the sick. Tragically, she ended up killing herself when she tried her own formula knowing she had the disease she was trying to cure. Ever since her death, my siblings; my older, bat winged sister Ruby and younger, unicorn brother Pitch, began to treat me so disrespectfully. Ruby has been hitting me and calling me an "unwanted child" and "nuisance" while Pitch has been blaming me for everything I didn't do. My father is such a brute. He is actually from royal ancestry and sadly, I managed to gain the genes from the alicorn prince. My father was, shall we put it, "an unstable prince". Some say that he was worse than King Sombra or even Discord. He decided to break away from it, literally! He snapped his horn and kept his bat-like wings. My father was abusive, I felt like he hated me, loathed me, I felt like he couldn't even stand to be near me. I always felt unwanted, unloved, and I was lied to every day of my life. I couldn't stand it; I was ready to end my very own life. That was, until someone rescued me from my nightmare.

I was outside gazing at a beautiful moon lit night that the majestic princess had created for us. It was such a beautiful night and I had always loved it. Then out of nowhere, a dark silhouette came into my view. It startled me when I saw it, then it spoke,

?- "My mother does a fine job doesn't she?"

Me- "...Yes...she does?"

?- "I apologize; I am the son of Princess Luna, prince Mythic Moon."

Me- "Oh my! (Bows) I am terribly sorry your highness."

Myth- "There is no need for that. Wait a second, you are an alicorn too?"

Me- "Why yes...I...I am." I said nervously

Myth- "Oh well then...umm... what is your name?" he said shyly

Me- "My name is Black Blood Rose."

Myth- "My, that is a...uh...dark name for such a pretty filly like yourself."

Me- "Yeah well, when you have a father like mine..."

Myth- "Sorry for interrupting, but who is your father?"

I was too afraid to tell him. Not many ponies really talked me because of my father. I feared that he would run away. He looked concerned though. I don't know why but I decided to tell him.

Me- "M...My father i...is...Dead...Night..." I turned my head away feeling shameful to be even related to that wicked dictator.

Myth-"Oh..............."

His silence made me worried. I was never going to have a friend and it was all because of my father. I got so worried that instead of waiting for him to run, I ran first. I ran and wouldn't stop until I was able to find a good hiding spot so I can cry. That's all I had ever done, cried. I have been in pain for so many years with no one to comfort me. I was used to it though.

I continued to cry, then I felt a wing wrap around me and a nuzzle near my neck. I also heard a colt's voice whisper to me

Myth- "I am sorry you are in so much pain."

I don't know why but I felt so much better. I haven't felt care for so long and it felt weird to me I didn't know how to react. But soon he told what I should do.

Myth- "Don't be afraid to cry. It's not good to hold in sorrow, and if need a shoulder to cry on I am always here for you."

Me- "That is such a lie! Why is after four years of suffering, someone who I just met decides he cares!"