11. No more an unknown stranger

'You can, absolutely. That will cost loss of 5% of your and his project grade' The professor's words came as a shock to them. 'Girl, are you crazy? Loss of 5% grade that too at the start of semester. Think wisely dear' He whispered in Aradhana's ears. Aradhana took a deep breath and confirmed 'Professor, I would like to pair up with him for project' 'Your names please? I need to update my sheet' The professor asked for their introduction. 'Aradhana Saxena' Aradhana introduced herself. 'Shailesh Sawant' This guy finally revealed his identity. While the professor is happy about pairing them together, Ardhana is no mood to work with him.

Stepping out of the professor's cabin, Shailesh clutched her arms 'What's wrong with you? I would have hold you responsible for my academic loss.' 'Leave me. Listen, Shailesh. We are partners but just on papers. I will work on this project all by myself. Don't worry. I will give you credits. Got it?' Aradhana felt vexation. 'Wait a minute. What did I do?' Shailesh looked confused. 'You. You are just cold hearted vampire. You just don't know, how to treat girls. Don't you remember The Dining Hall incident?' Aradhana made her attempt so that Shailesh could recollect it. He then made a perfect O shaped lips. 'Don't you give me that look? You should definitely try to ramp walk for Mr. World or something. I got myself hurt because of your cat walk' Shailesh chuckled at Aradhana's accusations. 'Don't you laugh when I am talking something important? You broke my wristwatch on Orientation Day. You were supposed to be at library by 10. I suppose you are not a punctual person' Aradhana pointed her index finger towards him.

'Aradhana, you got so many complains. Firstly I apologize for breaking your wristwatch. It was an unintentional act. Secondly I woke up late today. So, the delay. Thirdly, I ain't any model. You were in rush so that incident happened. Lastly, we didn't know each other. How can I be friendly to you on our very first meet at The Dining Hall. I was just an unknown stranger to you' Shailesh clarified all the misunderstandings. Giving some serious thought, Aradhana flared her nose 'Fine. But that doesn't mean I will ask you to contribute for project.' 'At the end, you will give up and ask for my help' Shailesh assured Aradhana.

'After this fiasco, I don't think you would be in a mood to give me your number. I will drop my number in mail after my shift ends' Shailesh suggested. With a nod of approval, Aradhana asked 'By the way, where do you work?' 'The Dining Hall.' Shailesh was quick with his reply. 'Hey. Even I work there' Aradhana acknowledged it with an excitement. 'Yeah. I know that' Shailesh agreed with her. 'Are you stalking me?' Ardahan knitted her eyebrows. 'I so wish you to be Scarlett Johansson so that I would have stalked you' Aradhana scowled over his statement.

'See you around soon' Shailesh waved her a goodbye and left the placed. Aradhana waved back which went unnoticed by him. This time, she didn't care. To Aradhana, a strangeness of this weird person aka Shailesh felt different yet perplexing for some unknown reason. It triggered an unexplored nerve which Aradhana is yet to be defined, something she is soon to experience for first time.

As the day ends, Aradhana is back home where Sonal parades along the width of the living room talking to someone probably Ajay with thrill. Sonal's joys hold no bounds as soon as she sees Aradhana placing her backpack on futon and making a messy hair bun later. Sonal took Aradhana in a bone crushing hug and swung her sideways. Aradhana is amused for a moment when Sonal expressed her happiness. 'I. Got. Full time offer. Yippie. Let's dance.' Sonal broke the good news. Aradhana felt turned off for some reason.'Aru. Finally. I secured a job finally. I got a job as Business Analyst Intern at American Express - Austin. I will flying there next week. There's so much to do. Formalities. Packing. Accommodation. Sublease work. I am freaking out like crazy!'Sonal continued her rant irrespectively.

Aradhana ignored her and walked in the kitchen to check what's in the dinner. She found nothing is cooked. 'What the hell, Sonal. I asked you to prepare dinner. You were again busy with Ajay. What am I supposed to have for dinner? Air? Or do you want me to starve today? Speak up' Her words were in parallel with her emotions, taking Sonal aback. Sonal always knew Aradhana is as calm as still water of lake. Sonal sensed something is terribly wrong.

'Hey, are you all good? I just told you about my job right now and your acts are so absurd. Please tell me what's the matter' Sonal sounds concerned. 'You know what, I am done with you. Out of my way' Aradhana pushed aside Sonal and walked into her room. Sonal ordered a large customized pizza with onions, bell peppers, red Jalapeño & pineapple, just the way Aradhana likes from Domino's. Aradhana grabbed her pillow, cuddled it tight and sobbed her heart out. 

Pretty sure, Aradhana wants to act like this 

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

But ends up like this 

I can feel you, Aradhana

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I can feel you, Aradhana. I'm with you. 

Anyways, tell me guys are you liking the ways things are changing? How do you like Shailesh as a character? Are you enjoying the bond between SoHana? 

Writers put in all their efforts so that readers can have best of what they do. All that writer expects in return is few words of encouragement or critics. It really helps them to perform better.

I apologized for such a delay in updates. I am trying best to be regular with updates, although it's difficult. Next update would be Saturday for sure. Till then, keep enjoying Tangled Threads. Good night readers :) 

Tangled Threads - Completed ✅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें