Chapter 1

❤ Ryan POV ❤

       I grab my bags to throw them in the car to go to Welton or as we call it Helton.  Well let me introduce myself.

        I am Ryan Overstreet, my parents are Knox and Kris Overstreet.  I grew up with my dad's friends kids Jake Dalton, Allisa Minks, Andrew Anderson and Alex Pitts. Well and there's the Cameron's kid, but since what happened to Uncle Neil we don't talk to them. I pretty sure you know the story of Uncle Neil so I won't go on it, but Charlie, Todd, Minks, Pitts are my 'uncles'.  They're crazy at times and we almost never talk about Uncle Neil, the only times we do it when Uncle Charlie says I act like him most times.

           I get to the bathroom to put in my blue contacts in, I know it sounds stupid but I like them. They give you pretty blue eyes and I love it, Mom and Dad are okay with it only at school, any family functions I can't where them. I walk downstairs and I see Mom, Dad and my little brother, Jacob.

      "Hi Mom," I kiss her cheek.

        "Dad," and I do the same to him and Jacob.

         "You excited to go back to Helton?" Dad asks.

         "Knox! Don't call it that," Mom yells at him. I give him a sly smile, he does it just because it gives her a rise.

         "I'm am, I get to see my friends, and I only have 2 more years at Welton," I point out Welton for Mom.
           "Me too," He says.

         "Carpe Diem, Jacob," I say to him. It's our little inside joke try of thing, him, me and our friends say that to each other as hi.

          "Carpe Diem, Sissy," I smile.

           "You got your bags in the car, Ryan?" Mom asks.

         "Yes I do," I tell her.

         "Okay then eat and then we'll leave," I eat really fast cause I can wait to get there.

      When we get there I change into my uniform, white button up, tie, and jacket for the top half and then tights and skirt for the bottoms. I hate the skirts, they suck to wear. I see my best friend Jake Dalton so I yell at him.

            "Hey Slacker," He turns with a smile knowing its me.

          "Carpe Diem to you too," He says. He walks up to me and throws his arm around my shoulder and we walk to our parents.

         "Just change into your uniform too?" I ask, he nods. We hate them but our parents don't make us wear them on the car ride here so that's nice.

            "Oh is little Jacob here too?" He asks, he loves Jacob. Since he doesn't have any younger siblings he's adopted mine.

           "Always," And we turn the corner and he see Jacob. He gets a huge smile and runs to him. I walk up with a smile.

           "Nice to know that my best friend loves my brother more than me," I say. I see Uncle Charlie and give him a hug.

           "Hey Uncle Charlie," I say.

           "Damn it, Ryan. It's Newanda," He jokes with me, "So how is my mini Neil?"

           "Pretty good, even though my best friend love my brother more than me," I tell him with a smile.  He and Dad have always joked that Jake and I will end up dating then get married and they'd be related.

          "Well it happens," He says.

          "I blame you Uncle Charlie."

          "Why?"

          "Since you had Jake last," He starts to laugh, I've been saying that since I was little.

          "Hey I didn't have him, I just helped make him," He says knowing that will gross me out.

          "Gross, Gross, Gross. I love you Uncle Charlie but that's too much," I tell him then arms rap around me. I look at the head of the person and it's Andrew Anderson.

         "Drewbert!" I yell as I give him a hug.

           "Hey get off my future daughter-in-law," Uncle Charlie jokes.

         "Hey I'm nobody's future daughter-in-law," I sass, "Now I gotta find my Uncle Tod."  I end up finding him and I give him a huge surprise hug.

         "It's my favorite Overstreet," Uncle Tod smiles.

         "It's my favorite Anderson," He says.

         "So where's the Pittses and the Minkses?" He asks. 

          "I don't know, the boys are the only ones who are here," We walk over to our big family and the Dad's start to talk. I talk with Andrew and Jake.