Chapter 21: Phantom against Dark Lord

Start from the beginning

Danny appeared behind and shot a powerful blast. Voldemort was forced to conjure a shining silver shield out of thin air to deflect it. It caused no visible damage to the shield, though a deep, gong-like note reverberated from it...an oddly chilling sound. Bellatrix tried to attack, only to be stopped by the grinning duplicate.

"What do you seek, Work?" called Voldemort, his scarlet eyes narrowed over the top of the shield.

"Merely taking your life would not satisfy me, I admit..." Phantom said calmly, continuing to walk towards Voldemort as though he had not a fear in the world, as though nothing had happened to interrupt his stroll up the hall.

"There is nothing worse than death, child!" snarled Voldemort.

Another jet of green light flew from behind the silver shield. Danny ducked out of the way, then waved his hand as though brandishing a whip. A long thin green flame flew out of them; it wrapped itself around Voldemort, shield and all. For a moment, it seemed Danny had won, but then the fiery rope became a serpent, which relinquished its hold on Voldemort at once and turned, hissing furiously, to face Phantom.

Voldemort vanished; the snake reared from the floor, ready to strike.

There was a burst of flame in midair above Danny just as Voldemort reappeared, standing on the plinth in the middle of the pool. At the same moment, Phantom made a fluid movement with his hand, the snake, which had been an instant from sinking its fangs into him, flew high into the air and vanished in a wisp of dark smoke; shattering the glass with a thunderous noise.

For a few seconds Voldemort was visible only as a dark, rippling, faceless figure, shimmering and indistinct upon the plinth, clearly struggling to throw off the suffocating mass. He raised his hands and all the glass flew in the air. Second later all the mass was sent flying at the halfa. But Phantom unleashed his most destructive attack. It could only be described as a wail, the deafening sound, which shook everything even beyond green sound waves, erupting from his mouth. Voldemort was sent flying backwards, just like everything else in the range.

Then he was gone and the water fell with a crash back into its pool, slopping wildly over the sides, drenching the polished floor. Danny started to look around. Voldemort appeared on the left and shot yet another killing curse. Phantom teleported away. But the second he reappeared...

"HARRY!" Danny heard the shout.

He looked to the source of the sound. Harry was lying on the ground, hit by Avada Kedavra, with Sirius by his side. Danny was terrified at first, but then he felt something. The Horcrux is gone. As for Harry, he obviously wasn't dead, Phantom sensed it. Voldemort was laughing maniacally.

"Well, it looks like I still got my prize," he said. To everyone's shock Danny started to chuckle loudly. He looked at Voldemort.

"You moron," was everything he said before teleporting right in front of Dark Lord. Danny grabbed him by throat, holding it so tight, that Voldemort dropped his wand both from that and surprise. Phantom lifted him from the ground with one hand easily, smirking.

"I told you many times, that you are a fool, Thomas," he said, chuckling, "but now you just jumped above your head!" Danny shouted and stomped on Voldemort's wand, snapping it in half.

"Wh...what?" Voldemort choked.

"You just destroyed your last Horcrux, Baldie!" Danny exclaimed, grinning like a madman. Dark Lord's red eyes widened, "now there is nothing stopping me from destroying you. Tom Marvollo Riddle, for all your crimes against the laws of life and death, I, Daniel Phantom, the King of Dead, sentence you to oblivion!" he said in a booming voice.