Part 1

The two men sat down at a table with their beers in the busy down town bar. They were both in their thirties, both with wedding rings on their fingers.
One took a deep swallow of his drink and let out a sigh. "That tastes fantastic. What a week, Friday at last. How was your week, Shane?"
"Not too hectic," his friend answered, "But being a sales rep keeps me on the road a lot. Only short trips this last week thank God. So Rob, how are the wife and kids?"
"Ellen's great, the three boys are full of energy and always getting into trouble. What about yours? You have two kids, don't you?"
"Yeah, a boy and a girl, ten and eight. They take a lot of keeping up with, but that's kids for you."
Rob lowered his voice, "Look over here to your left," he said.
Two girls in their early twenties with drinks in their hands walked from the bar past Rob and Shane and sat at a table in the corner. One was medium height with long blonde hair, the other was tall with shorter dark hair. The blonde wore tight jeans, while her friend showed off a pair of long slim legs under a short skirt.
Rob let out a low whistle. "Beautiful," he said, "Students maybe. How would you like to spend a night with one of them? I'll have the girl with the legs, you can have the blonde."
"Yeah sure," replied Shane with a laugh, "Have you forgotten we're married?"
"I know, but after eleven years of marriage I wouldn't mind having one night with that girl?"
"Are you serious? You would cheat on Ellen and jeopardize your marriage?"
"Only if I knew I could get away with. Wouldn't you?"
"No. I happen to love my wife. Maybe we don't have the most exciting marriage, but I would never cheat on her."
Ron leaned forward and lowered his voice again, "Okay, Mr Boy Scout," he said, "Think about this. Your job keeps you out on the road three or four days a week. You travel far and wide. Supposing one night when you are staying in a town a long way from here, you're having dinner at a bar and you meet a girl. She's really hot. In fact when you think back to your single days this is the girl you dreamed of marrying. Attractive, tall, slim, killer smile, great sense of humour, everything you ever wanted in a girl. In fact she is your 'Miss Right'. She is also from out of town. She lives in Melbourne. She is lonely, she has had a couple of drinks, she comes on to you. You could take her back to your motel room and have a night of fantastic sex."
Shane started to say something, but Rob put his hand up cutting his friend off.
"Let me finish," he continued, "You are both in a town where no one knows you. You live in different cities. You'll never see each other again. Her husband or boyfriend will never know, your wife will never know. One night of awesome sex with the girl of your dreams. Why not? No one gets hurt. It's a win win. So, Shane, if such an opportunity presented itself to you.....would you do it?"
Shane paused for a few seconds and took another sip from his glass, then said "No. Tempting as it might be, I would say no. What about you? Would you do it?"
"In a heartbeat. Look don't get me wrong, I love my wife too, but after years of having sex with the same woman, just once I would like to taste the forbidden fruit of some hot little thing like that girl over there. Men by nature weren't meant to be monogamous. Every man deserves one night off from his marriage. Like I said, if your wife never finds out, where's the harm in it?"

***

Shane had finished his meal of steak and vegetables and was starting on his second beer when he noticed her sitting by herself three tables away. She was facing the other direction and was also having a meal. He couldn't see her face but she was well dressed in a jacket, knee-length skirt and stylish boots. Long straight blonde hair cascaded over her shoulders.
Shane was staying overnight at the border city of Albury before starting on the long drive home to Sydney the next day. He had spent the last two days visiting customers in the south-west of the state, and he had seen the last one this afternoon. By late tomorrow he would be back home. He hoped his wife Emily would be over her bad mood by then. They had had a big argument the other morning just before he left, he couldn't even remember what it was about, but he had walked out slamming the door behind him. He hadn't called her once while he had been gone. She could call him he thought, but she hadn't.
He kept watching the woman at the other table. Eventually she got up and walked past him on her way to the bar. He looked up at her a gave her a slight smile but she appeared not to notice him. She was a beauty, not just attractive, her hair, her face, her figure.....she was hot! She appeared to be on her own, and Shane continued to watch her as she returned to her table a few minutes later and sat down with a drink. Probably in her late twenties, must be waiting for someone. But twenty minutes later she was still by herself as she went to the bar again, this time she gave Shane a smile as she walked past. When she came back with a drink in her hand she stopped at Shane's table and smiled down at him. "I hope you don't mind me asking," she said, "but I see you're by yourself. So am I. Would you like some company? I'm Michelle."
Shane was mesmerised by Michelle's deep blue eyes as she sat down opposite him and told him she was on her way back to Adelaide after going to a funeral in Canberra of an uncle who she had barely known. Her husband couldn't get away from his job so she had driven the long distance on her own.
He told her about his job as a sales rep for a book publisher.
She glanced at the wedding ring on his finger. "So you're married?" she said, sounding slightly disappointed. "Yes," he said, "with two children. How about you? Any kids?"
"No, not yet. I'm only twenty seven so I don't have to rush into the parent thing just yet." She paused and looked deep into Shane's eyes before looking down at her drink. "Um Shane....things haven't been very good with my husband and I for a while, and I feel lonely. My motel is just down the street. Would you...would you consider keeping me company tonight?" She gave him a coy smile.
He couldn't believe it! She was coming on to him. If this wasn't an invitation for sex with the hottest girl in the bar, he didn't know what was!
"I'm sorry, Michelle," he said, "but I told you I'm married. I would never cheat on Emily."
"Sure, I understand. But she doesn't need to know. You said you live in Sydney, well that's six hundred kilometres away. This is just one night, then I go back to Adelaide and you go back to Sydney. We'll never see each other again. Your wife will never know so she doesn't get hurt, and I would love to have you with me tonight." She reached across the table and held Shane's hand.
Again he couldn't believe this was happening. This was the conversation he had had with Rob a couple of weeks ago. Could this be a set up with Rob behind it? No, even Rob couldn't organise something like this, and no one knew he would be staying at Albury tonight anyway. He usually made last minute decisions on the road as to where he would stay. He sat back and looked at Michelle. She was so beautiful. Should he do it? Emily would never find out. To have sex with this beautiful creature.....it would be a one off, and after this he would never cheat on his wife ever again. Michelle looked expectantly at him. He picked up his glass and drained the rest of his beer.

Continued in Part 2......