11 ; some help from a friend

Start from the beginning

A buzzing from the front door made the both of them jump upwards from their staring contest. Roman was the first to recover, moving around the counter and heading towards the front door. Eden followed after him, boots slipping against the marble ground of the Godfrey home.

Upon opening the door, Eden watched as a dark skinned woman stepped into the home. She was dressed in all brown, pretty and nice looking. Her dark eyes scanned the archway of the home, before landing on Roman again.

"You're Roman Godfrey?"

"Yeah," Roman said, leaning against the door as he watched the woman survey his home.

"I'm Clementine Chasseur. I'm with the.." Chasseur stopped once she saw Roman nodding to her words. "You know who I am?"

"You're the dogcatcher," Roman mused, giving a tiny smirk over the rim of his glass.

"May I ask how you came to know that?" Chasseur asked, raising an eyebrow.

Eden's temper flickered once she realized just how Roman knew that tidbit of information. Eden remembered Peter coming to school, musing on about how a lady had driven to his house and had accused him of being a werewolf. Roman and Eden hadn't thought much of it at the time, but apparently it meant something to her.

"Small pond," Was Roman's reply, followed by another smile.

At this, Chasseur sighed. "Is your mother home?"

"No," Roman's single word was stinted, fast, and dismissive.

"Do you mind if I speak with you?" Chasseur offered, shrugging her shoulders.

Eden jumped from her hiding place when she heard Shelley's loud footsteps going down the stairway. Moving forwards on instinct to stop Shelley, Eden noticed that it was too late and Chasseur had already seen them both.

"Hey, Shelley," Roman spared a glance at Eden. "And Eden...This is doctor Chasseur. She's here to take a bite out of the Vargulf."

"Excuse me?" Chasseur questioned, only to be ignored.

Roman locked eyes with Shelley, replying verbally, "It's fine."

Seeming to hesitate for a moment, Shelley moved away from the door, leaving Eden standing there awkwardly. Chasseur's eyes floated to her, and Eden gave an awkward smile.

"Oh, sorry was I interrupting something?" Chasseur asked, looking from both Roman to Eden.

"No," Roman stated flatly, motioning towards the living room. "Please, take a seat."

"Roman, I'd like to ask you a few questions but before I do there's something that I'd like for you to do for me," Chasseur began, giving Eden another curious look when the red-head followed them towards the seats in the living room, perching on one herself.

At Roman's shrug, Chasseur explained, "I want you to think about what kind of person you want to be. I'm here because people are getting hurt. The more honest you are with me, the more it'll help me to do something about it. So, just take a second and think about that, okay?"

"I'm...I'm kind of fucked up right now," Roman admitted, fidgeting.

"This is a great opportunity to do something about it," Chasseur replied simply. "I don't know what you're going through but I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm here to save people's lives."

When all Roman did was take another sip from his glass, Chasseur cut to the chase. "What is your association with Peter Rumancek?"

"We hang out," Roman replied simply.