Chapter 8 - Unexpected Outcome

Start from the beginning

Were they her old enemies?

Meng Yu expression hardened at the thought of it and she scrutinized Shui Yang and the little boy carefully. Shui Yang was about to open her mouth to snap at Meng Yu when the other person raised her piercing gaze at her. Gulping, Shui Yang felt a shiver went down her spine, and quickly pulled the little boy to hide behind her.

"What, what..." Shui Yang stuttered as she tried to suppress her own fear. She did not know who the woman in front of her was, but she had a very cold and cruel gaze, as if she was someone who does not need a reason to kill.

"Interesting."

Both Shui Yang and Meng Yu turned to look at the source of the voice. Shui Yang's strained expression quickly lifted as she called out in relief to the man who was heading toward them.

"Brother Jin Di!"

Meng Yu studied the other mysterious man approaching them. He had a sturdy build and there were two swords strapped behind him. He exuded a very distant and cold aura, but his gaze held an untamed wildfire. Meeting his gaze, Meng Yu felt a familiar feeling rising in her heart. Her heart began beating quickly despite her attempts to tamp down the rising adrenaline. Her fingers twitched as he stepped closer. Meng Yu knew why her body reacted that way. The man in front of her had an extraordinarily strong smell of blood on him.

"Shui Yang, your impulsiveness will kill you one day." Jin Di chastised calmly.

Shui Yang bit her lips and tried to protest, "But, but... she bullied young master!"

Jin Di ignored Shui Yang and knelt down to check on the little boy.

"Young master, you shouldn't simply run off. It is very dangerous. We will be reprimanded by Madam if she finds out."

The little boy pouted, "I just wanted to see Uncle..."

The man smiled tenderly as he replied, "I understand. It is our fault for not protecting you well."

Jin Di stood up and turned to face Meng Yu. "My lady, I wish to apologize on behalf of my sister for her rashness. We are guests, yet we acted so rudely."

Meng Yu paused briefly as she analyzed the situation in her head. At a time like this, she should not attract too much attention. It would be better to leave as soon as possible.

"Since it is all a misunderstanding, then there is no need to delve further into this matter. I am also a guest to this manor's owner, and I have misbehaved." She replied perfunctorily before turning around to leave.

Before she could take a step, her sharp instinct suddenly kicked in and she quickly turned around just to see the edge of a sword swung past her so quickly that it was only missing her neck by an inch. A few strands of her hair fell onto the floor. Meng Yu's eyes burned with anger as she glared at Jin Di. Her opponent's eyes were filled with murderous intention as he held firmly onto his two swords – each on one hand.

A dual sword wielder?

Jin Di's expression was without a tinge of guilt despite being caught ambushing. Instead he gave her a taunting smirk. Meng Yu realized that she had no choice but to fight if she intended to walk out of here alive.

Jin Di did not wait for her to respond before swinging his swords again at her. Each of his attack was aiming at her vital point. Meng Yu could only evade and retreat because she did not have any weapon on her. His skills were undeniably better than Shui Yang, and his attacks were even faster and deadly. His weapon managed to graze Meng Yu's shoulder, and she stumbled backward carelessly. Due to the previous fight, she had overexerted her recovering body, and not to mention that in order to keep up with Jin Di's quicker moves, she had pushed her body to the limit. She could feel some of her wounds reopening again, and blood began flowing out freely. The pain was overwhelming, but she did not reveal it on her cold expression.

Meng Yu bit her lips when she realized how disadvantageous her situation was. Seeing her careless movement just now, the opponent was obviously aware of her poor condition, and yet there was no sign of slowing down at all. It was as if he was trying to take advantage of her current condition to strike her down. Each of his attack became even more forceful and vicious. His swords once again swung toward her neck and Meng Yu bent her body backward to avoid it. Seeing that he had used too much strength in this attack, and that he could not recover in time, Meng Yu flung herself toward him. Using her entire body weight as a leverage, she kicked at his chest, sending Jin Di stumbling backward. With this opening, Meng Yu managed to thrust her palm at his shoulder. Jin Di was no fool when he noticed the changes in Meng Yu's movement, and realized her plan to immobilize him. He pulled back quickly and managed to evade a vital blow to his shoulder, but while he was not paying attention, Meng Yu had already flown behind him in the blink of an eye.

Shui Yang gasped in terror as she watched in shock.

"Brother Jin Di, look out!"

WHAM!

Meng Yu used her elbow to hit the back of Jin Di's neck hard, and he was momentarily immobilized. She gripped onto one of his hand and disarmed his weapon, but being a well-trained soldier, he was not paralyzed for long before he regained control of his body. He immediately blocked Meng Yu's attack with his remaining sword and followed up with a quick slash. Meng Yu took a light cut on her arm as she tried to dodge out of the way. Crimson red blood blossomed on her sleeve like flowers.

"Stop right there!" A stern voice rang out from behind them.