Street Love (Part One)

Street Love - (Light In The Darkness) - Part one

Davontay Cole -

I looked out at the streets below me, it was a quiet night; one or two people walked briskly to escape the heavy rain falling violently from the night sky. Only half the moon hung in the sky and it had become evident that winter was fast approaching, you could feel the chill in the air sneaking up on you more each day. I continued to look out the window as far as my eyes could see as Tupac filled the air talking about what you wouldn’t do for love.

 I sighed accepting the feelings that had been haunting me lately, realising that I had become weary of the life I was living, the fast money, drugs and the girls no longer filled the void that being alone in this world had brought to me and now I wasn’t sure what would fill it. 

 I looked at my watch noticing that it was time to leave, my boys wanted to head out to a party tonight, I wasn’t feeling it but something was telling me to go. So I decided that it couldn’t do much harm to kick there for a few hours and then head home.

 I put my hand into the back pocket of my Sean john jeans and pulled out my phone, I scrolled through my recent calls list and called my boy Trip to let him know I was on my way. 

After my brief conversation with Trip, I pulled out the box holding my fresh pair of black and white Jordan’s. They slipped onto my feet with ease, I stood up and stamped both feet allowing my jeans to settle over my kicks, my black Gucci jacket was next...I picked up my car keys and my wallet on my way out and I stepped out into the hood.

My black Mustang GT 5 with 20 rims sat glistening in the rain, I opened the door and slipped inside; the cream interior swallowing me up as I revved up the engine and sped off down the road. 

The drive to Trips house wasn’t too long and I called him to let him know I was waiting out front for him.

 As I waited I reached to the back seat for the large bottle of water I kept there and reached into my glove compartment for some pain killers to ward off the headache that was creeping up on me. 

Suddenly my boy emerged.

Trip- Sup Cole?

He said getting into the car.

Me- Sup man.

Trip- I’m straight (Good).

Me- That’s what’s up, where is West at?

Trip shook his head.

Trip- Probably over at that broad’s (Chick) house.

Me- His still messing with her?!

Trip- That chick gon be the death of him.

Me- Call him and tell him we are coming to pick his ass up!

On my way over to pick up my other boy West I thought about the way he’d be acting lately. 

West wasn’t they type to be falling for any girl all he wanted was sex and he didn’t lie about it, he made it known that he wanted no strings attached but...