Chapter 14: Chit Chat

Start from the beginning

"We wanted to talk toyou, Harry," said Ginny, "but as you've been hiding ever since we got back..."

"I didn't want anyone to talk to me," said Harry, who was feeling more and more nettled.

"Well, that was a bit stupid of you," said Ginny angrily, "seeing as you don't know anyone but me who's been possessed by You-Know-Who, and I can tell you how it feels"

Harry remained quite still as the impact of these words hit him. Then he wheeled round.

"I forgot," he said.

"Lucky you," said Ginny coolly.

"I'm sorry," Harry said, and he meant it, "So ... so, do you think I'm being possessed, then?"

"Well, can you remember everything you've been doing?" Danny asked, "Are there big blank periods where you don't know what you've been up to?"

"No," Harry said.

"Then Baldie hasn't ever possessed you," said Danny simply, "When you are possessed, you can't remember what I'd been doing for hours at a time. You'd find yourself somewhere and not know how you got there"

-Later-

Sirius's delight at having the house full again, and especially at having Harry back, was infectious. He was no longer their sullen host of the summer; now he seemed determined that everyone should enjoy themselves as much, if not more than they would have done at Hogwarts, and he worked tirelessly in the run-up to Christmas Day, cleaning and decorating with their help, so that by the time they all went to bed on Christmas Eve the house was barely recognisable. The tarnished chandeliers were no longer hung with cobwebs but with garlands of holly and gold and silver streamers; magical snow glittered in heaps over the threadbare carpets; a great Christmas tree, obtained by Mundungus and decorated with live fairies, blocked Sirius's family tree from view, and even the stuffed elf-heads on the hall wall wore Father Christmas hats and beards.

But that wasn't the end of his happiness. Danny prepared one wonderful present for both Sirius and Harry. That's why he was currently walking down the streets of London. He WAS getting weird looks from people around, but that wasn't surprising. He was dressed as noble as he could by wizarding standards. Plus, he changed his look a bit. He opened the telephone-box door, stepped inside and reached for the receiver.

"Welcome to the Ministry of Magic. Please state your name and business," female voice sounded.

"Lord Phantom seeks an audience with the Minister," Danny said seriously.

"Th-thank you," the woman stuttered.

When he got down, he was standing at one end of a very long and splendid hall with a highly polished, dark wood floor. The peacock blue ceiling was inlaid with gleaming golden symbols that kept moving and changing like some enormous heavenly noticeboard. The wall's on each side were panelled in shiny dark wood and had many gilded fireplaces set into them. Every few seconds a witch or wizard would emerge from one of the left-hand fireplaces with a soft whoosh; on the right-hand side, short queues were forming before each fireplace, waiting to depart.

"E-excuse me, sir," said shy witch in the reception area. Danny looked at her, "I need to check your wand and ring for c-confirmation"

"I don't have a ring," Phantom handled her another end of his cane, "but if something will happen with my Lord symbol, you will come to regret it," he threatened. She gulped and took it, not noticing how Danny's eye flashed green. Witch then wrote something on the piece of parchment, which became a paper plane and flew somewhere. She handled the cane back.

"Minister will be here shortly, Lord Phantom," she said. Reporters nearby were alredy nearby, scribing something furiously. He sure is going to be the huge news. Funny thing is nobody recognized Work in the new Lord.