Tightly gripping my legs, he hoists me up until he's standing on his two feet. From there, he continued his way to Route 39. From the speed of his walking, I asked myself if I really weighed that little, watching him carry me effortlessly. I rested my head on his broad shoulders.

'Should I sleep?' I asked myself.

I sighed and turned my head, resting my cheeks on his shoulders. As I did, I happen to notice something within the forest.

It had a light green tint around it. From here, the figure was small and it was floating. What was that? As I try to get a clearer vision of it, the figure disappeared. It felt as if it was watching us, as if someone sent it to watch us...

I closed my eyes for a moment, staring off into the distance as my arms continued to cling themselves around his neck.

Silver brought us deeper into the forest and laid me down, with my back resting on the bark of a random tree nearby. He scanned the area further to make sure people wouldn't be able to see us, or at least that's what I believed from my observations.

Afterward, he took off his coat and tossed it over to me. I grabbed onto his coat and wrapped it around my shoulders, leaning further back until I was in a comfortable position. Silver was sitting upright, one of his arms resting on his knee. I glanced at him gazing at the stars before I closed my eyes.

He's treating me with such kindness... such a thing I hope to see more of. A smile formed on my face, as I fell into a deep sleep, recalling the warmth that was placed on my lips.

~~♛~~

Silver~

To ensure her safety from the police, it appears acting the role of a coward was necessary. To save an innocent girl who was dragged into all of this, I shall play the role of the villain. To remove this bracelet off my wrist, I'll use anything and anyone.

But these stars... Whenever I look at them, all I can see was her. Every time I thought about her, my mind wanders off to someone else; the one whom I can only vaguely remember from my memories...

They both had brown hair but one pair of eyes was a matching brown while the other pair was blue. I remembered her name... but it is not to be spoken.

I can't recall anything... all I remembered was her name. She was the one who told me the events that happened but... I don't know whether or not I should believe her, despite knowing about her existence. But that woman and Lyra were two different people.

However, the fact I became closer to Lyra... was it because of how she reminded me of 'her'?

Now I've really done it. The more I remain beside her, the more I want to get closer to her. Lyra had become someone precious, the one star that I cannot allow to fall from the sky. As I thought so, I glanced back down at Lyra's sleeping form.

She's oblivious to everything but I guess that's a good thing. Her innocence was priceless, where anything could taint its fragile structure... including me.

The moment I saw the bush rustle behind her, I got up and rushed over to where the bush was. I slowly looked behind the bushes and saw... a Pokémon. A Sneasel, to be specific.

"Were you following us?" I questioned it.

In its claws was a Pokéball. The presence of this Sneasel felt somewhat familiar. Have I met this one before? It was looking up at me with such warmth and relief, something that Sneasels don't often show. Its body looked exhausted, slightly bruised and damaged, as it huffed for air.

I crouched down and grabbed the Pokéball in its claws. It was just a standard ball but it looked worn-out. The first thing that crossed my mind was the idea of this Sneasel being abandoned by its trainer. Yet though I do not care about those weak Pokémon, this Sneasel was somehow an exception.

Its claw reached my hand, placing it on top of it with a smile on its face. I noticed droplets of tears forming from its red eyes. As I continued to stare at it, Sneasel's other claw pressed on the inner circle and I noticed it disappear into the Pokéball.

My hand gripped onto the Pokéball, realizing I shouldn't let this Sneasel go. What has gotten into me? Was I really growing soft because of Lyra?

Speaking of Lyra, I glanced at her, who still slept peacefully, a bit of drool leaked from her parted lips. As I opened her bag for a napkin, I noticed the familiar sleeping Pokémon inside her bag.

She was looking at me with a somewhat cheery expression, excluding the fact she noticed it was late in the night. I reached for the napkin beside her and began wiping Lyra's drool. In the corner of my eyes, I can never forget the moment Togepi shed tears... of happiness.

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~