Chapter 25

They return home and Gauri goes to her room and places her bag. Om knocks and Gauri asks him to come in.

G: Shopping is so much work.

O: Gauri, I bought something for you. Well, I have two surprises for you.

G: Surprises?? Yes... (She was squealing like a little kid.)

O(Thinking): This child like nature should never leave her even after all this. This is what makes her different... unique.

G: So tell me what it is?

Om takes out two bottles from the bag and hands them to Gauri.

G: Is this what I think it is?

O: I am not sure what you are thinking though?

G: This is shampoo and conditioner, right? Why did you buy this for me?

O: You said that you were jealous of my hair so I thought I would buy the same products for you so you can have the same type of nice hair as me (Om does the hair flip.)

G: So you are saying that I can have nice hair instantly. (Gauri does the hair flip.)

O: Not instantly, but in a week or so. Just continuing using it and you will see a difference. Follow the instructions properly though. Here, pass me the bottle and I will translate it for you.

G: Omkaraji, this is a learning experience. Yes, it will take some time but I get to practice and if I need help, I will just use Google. 

O(Thinking): Wow, from internet chachi to Google and she is willing to put the effort into learning. This is who I want to see.

G: I need to try this right now. (She heads to the washroom but then turns back.) What is the other surprise?

O: We will be going on a date. There, you can practice your etiquette.

G: Date? But today's date is October 15 so I do not get what you mean.

O: Not that Date?

G: Oh you mean the fruit dates. I loved dates. They are so sweet but you do not like sweet stuff though.

O: Gauri, there can be multiple meanings for one word. The date I am referring to is a dinner date where two people go out to get food.

G: You mean dinner. You have to be more clear sometimes. Why would you use the word date if you can use a clearer word like dinner?

Gauri walks to the washroom.

O(thinking): Why did i use the word Date? I mean a date is when two people go out to understand one another in the hopes of taking their relationship to another level. But is that what I want to do.

G(thinking): I know what a date is Omkaraji but I do not want to take this to the next level. My heart is broken and it will remain broken for the rest of my life. I do not want to take this to the  next level.