Chapter I: Leaving Camelot

(Music's optional, I'm just adding photos and music that match the chapter)

A/n: Edited, hope it's better now ;3

Y/n's POV
Flashback
"Y/n, your father is looking for you," Merlin said from my doorway

"Alright, I'm coming."
I replied, placing my book on my bedside table and following Merlin out. We walked down the corridors to the throne room, where my father was waiting patiently.

"You requested to see me, father?" I asked, stopping before the throne with a hand on my hip.

"Yes. As you know, you're turning 17 soon, the age of marriage. Some nearby towns have sent suitors to come and meet with you." He replied, standing up.

"One, I am over a millennium and two, I am not getting married! You can't just sell me off!" I argued, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Y/n, we've talked about this, as long as you are in my care as my daughter you will follow my rules. They're coming whether you like it or not." He replied firmly.

I turned and ran back to my room. "I can't be here tomorrow. I have to leave!" I grabbed my armour off its stand, peeling off my clothes and putting it on. I ripped open my closet, grabbing a satchel and filling it with clothes, food, water, and my emergency supply of coins. I snapped the satchel shut and retrieved my sword from under my bed.

"And where do you think you're going?" A voice said from behind me.

"Don't try to stop me, Merlin." I spat, whipping around.

"Well if you're going take this, and find my old comrades. I'd try Bastae Prison, they'll be there to break Ban out soon enough." She replied, handing me a wooden Eagle.

"When you wish to summon him, whisper 'Rune' to the wood and he will appear. You can send letters to me." She told me with a smile.

I hugged her.
"Thank you, Merlin."

"You're welcome. Now go, your horse is saddled up in the stables, there are more supplies in her saddlebags. Good luck."
She pulled away and looked me in the eye before letting me leave.

I rushed down the stairs of the castle and ran to the stables. As Merlin said, Calypso was saddled up waiting for me to mount up and ride off.

I stepped in the stirrup and swung my leg over her, clutching the reins tightly.

"Giddyup!" I instructed, and she ran out the open doors of the stables and out to the kingdom, winding through the streets of the city. Her hooves making clicking noises on the cobblestone pathways.

"Hey watch it!—What's with the rush?—Isn't that the King's Daughter?" Some of the villagers yelled as I rumbled past.

As I was riding, I saw a few Holy Knights out on patrol. One of them, riding a white horse stepped in front of me, making Calypso rear up.

"Woah! Easy girl, easy.." I muttered, patting her neck to soothe her.

"Where are you going, Princess?" He asked.

"Just out for a ride is all." I bluffed.

"Looking like you've got your whole closet on your horse? Where are you going really?" He pointed at my saddle bags and satchel.

"Nanya" I replied.

"Nanya?" He repeated confused.

"Nanya business!" I yelled, riding past him and out the gates of the city. I cast one look back at my home, smiling slightly to myself.

Seven Deadly Sins here I come...