Chapter 9: Beginnings

Start from the beginning

"Of course," said Hermione coolly.

"Here come Ernie and Hannah Abbott," said Ron, looking over his shoulder. "And those Ravenclaw blokes and Smith ... and no one looks very spotty"

"Hey, guys!" Everyone jumped in surprise. Danny sure was sneaky.

"Danny? What are you doing here?" Asked Harry.

"I have bad news for you and Ron. Quidditch falls under this decree"

"What?" They both asked.

"You better be careful if you need a permission to play," Danny turned to the twins,"how is it going?"

"Everything is ready!" They said in unison.

"Good, do it according the plan," with that Phantom walked away.

"What plan?" Asked Hermione.

"You will see," they smiled micheviously. Ron knew this look WAY too good.

"Hey, look," Harry said pointing on the front page of Daily Prophet. There was a photo of the ruined hall of Gringotts.

'We all know the Gringotts bank. It's known mostly because of it's reputation of the most safe bank with perfect reputation. However yesterday, an unthinkable happened. The first succesful break in has occurred yesterday at night. Most of the details are unknown, but Ministry is working hard to find the thief.

"The robbering was very unusual," says the Minister Cornelius Fudge,"Firstly, no one entered the bank at that time. Secondly, the cart wasn't used, which is very strange, including the fact that the vault was deep inside"

The vault belongs to the house of Malfoys, who declined to comment this event. The only known detail is that only one object was stolen. Despite the Doubling and Burning curses, put on the treasury, the robber managed to get inside and out of the vault without even opening the door.

The thief also let out the dragon, who was guarding the vault. During the chaos, he or she managed to get away from there. It makes people question the safety of their own possessions and hope that this undoubtedly skillful robber wouldn't go after their wealth'

"Blamey, I didn't think I would see the day, when there will be a successful robbering," said Lee.

"Well, it was Malfoys' vault, so it can't be bad, right?" Said Harry, receiving nods of agreement.

-Laterrrrrr-

"You will notice,"said Snape, in his low, sneering voice, "that we have a guest with us today"

He gestured towards the dim corner of the dungeon and everyone saw Professor Umbridge sitting there, clipboard on her knee.

"We are continuing with our Strengthening Solution today. You will find your mixtures as you left them last lesson; it correctly made they should have matured well over the weekend, instructions," he waved his wand again "...on the board. Carry on"

Professor Umbridge spent the first half hour of the lesson making notes in her corner.

"Well, the class seem fairly advanced for their level," she said briskly to Snape's back, "Though I would question whether it is advisable to teach them a potion like the Strengthening Solution. I think the Ministry would prefer it if that was removed from the syllabus"