Chapter 9: Beginnings

Start from the beginning

as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor

(Professor Umbridge).

No student organisation, society, team, group or club may exist

without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organisation,

society, team, group or club that has not been approved by

the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree

Number Twenty-four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor

The group of students were eyeing Danny, waiting for his reaction. Not surprisingly, he started to laugh.

"Her second name is JANE?!"

"Master, doesn't that mean that your group might have difficulties?"

"Oh, you are right, Cujo. But I don't think it should be so hard. But does it mean Quidditch is canceled as well?" Everyone got used to Danny's conversations with his dog, thinking that this is a part of his antics.

"Yes it is, but I wouldn't worry so much about it," said Draco, coming from behind,"It says that we can get permission"

"You are part of the team, right?"

"Yes, I'm seeker of Slytherin team since the second year. Are you playing?"

"Nope, never sat on the broom," that caused everyone to stare at him, "I rode the dragon, though," he added in the end, shocking the audience.

"When did it happen?" Asked Cujo.

"I will tell you later"

-Laaater-

It was immediately apparent on entering the Great Hall that Umbridge's sign had not only appeared in Gryffindor Tower. There was a peculiar intensity about the chatter and an extra measure of movement in the Hall as people scurried up and down their tables conferring on what they had read. Harry, Ron and Hermione had barely taken their seats when Neville, Dean, Fred, George and Ginny descended upon them.

"Did you see it?"

"D'you reckon she knows?"

"What are we going to do?"

They were all looking at Harry. He glanced around to make sure there were no teachers near them.

"We're going to do it anyway, of course," he said quietly.

"Knew you'd say that," said George, beaming and thumping Harry on the arm.

"The prefects as well?" said Fred, looking quizzically at Ron and Hermione.