Betty knocked on my door and gasped while looking at me

Betty knocked on my door and gasped while looking at me. "Wow, you look beautiful." She grinned. I looked at the pink knee length dress she was wearing and smiled. "So do you, B."
.
.
.
Veronica and Betty walked into the dance linking arms with Archie, I was by the food and punch, I had arrived earlier with Kevin since Veronica decided she wanted to be fashionably late, and It seemed to work.

I started to walk over to them, pictures of Jason were all over the place as I heard Veronica speak. "Well it's not the met ball."

"No it's definitely not." I spoke walking in front of them, Veronica gasped as she took in my whole outfit. "You're slaying in that dress, Julie." She smirked grabbing my hand and spinning me around slowly.

I looked towards Archie who was staring at me with his mouth hung open slightly, I blushed but didn't let it show as I looked over towards the pictures of Jason again. "Hey...when do you have to let coach Clayton– know about football?" Betty asked Archie, who was still daydreaming.

"This weekend." Archie spoke finally looking towards her.

Veronica unlinked her arm from Archie's and walked to stand beside me "Guys, can't we just liberate ourselves from the tired dichotomy of jock/artist? Can't we, in this post James Franco world, be all things at once?"

I've been working on it, Veronica." Archie smiled.

"Work faster then." Veronica and I spoke at the same time, making us laugh while Archie and Betty smiled. "Im getting some punch" Veronica stated as she grabbed my hand. "You got this." I winked while mouthing that to Betty.

"How do you think she'll do?" I asked the raven haired girl while I poured us some drinks. She shrugged. "Wait! Where is Archie and why is Betty now with Kevin?" I questioned, hanging a  cup over to Veronica who smiled and took it off me.

"I have no idea." Veronica sighed before she took a sip of her drink. Cheryl walked up to us, she was wearing a beautiful red dress that made her red hair stand out. "Hey Julie, can we talk?" She asked me, looking over at Veronica before adding "Alone."

"Sure," I grabbed Cheryl's hand and lead her over to some seats that were free. "What's up?" I asked.

"It's just seeing Jason all over the room is driving me crazy." She admitted, making me nod my head. "I know how you feel."

"I feel like you're the only one I can speak to about these things." Cheryl spoke, fiddling with her dress.

"I understand, we both loved Jason, dearly." I spoke smiling, Cheryl gave me one back while reaching over and hugging me, I looked over Cheryl's shoulder and saw Veronica drag Kevin to the dance floor. "I need to go!" Cheryl gasped as she ran towards the stage and grabbed the microphone.

"Are you all having a good time?" Everyone cheered as she spoke. "As honorary chairperson and de facto queen of tonight's semiformal, it is my great pleasure to introduce this evening's main entertainment. To know them is to be obsessed with them."

"Though they usually perform their own material tonight, they're making an exception and debuting a cover of the song my parents claim they were listening to the night Jason and I were conceived."

"This ones for you, JJ." Cheryl and I said at the same time, but nobody could hear when I said it. "I give you Josie and the pussycats." Everyone cheered making me smile.

I looked over and saw that Archie and Betty were slow dancing, I felt the pit in my stomach turn as I knew I still had strong feelings for Archie.

A boy with Blonde hair who I recognized as, Mike, walked over to me and smiled. "Care to dance?" He asked.

"Sure." I spoke as Mike pulled me towards the dance floor and held my hips while I placed my hands on his shoulders, I looked over at Betty and Archie again, I could hear her confessing her love for him as I held in my breath, he sounded shocked as they both stopped dancing.

He looked over and something before his eyes turned to my green ones, he looked shocked and scared, I also saw a hint of..love in his eyes.

The music stopped as people started to clap. I smiled at Mike and walked towards Betty and Archie.

So long again 😂😂 sorry!!!

Follow!

Comment!

Vote!

~Robyn