Chapter 2: Nothing's all right anymore

"Well, you have a simple decision to make. Either you return to us and become a full member of Section 31 again or," Harris aproached you and tilted your chin upwards with his finger. "This beauty here.... dies."

Malcom felt a knot forming in his stomach. He would give anything to protect you, even his life. But returning to Section 31 would mean losing you, which was another chance ha wasn't willing to take.

"Leave her alone, she has nothing to do with this!" Malcolm shouted. He wasn't allowed to get closer to you.

"Oh, she has everything to do with this, since the second she became involved with you." The agent grabbed your chin firmly, turning your face left and right.

"Don't touch her." Malcolm clenched his fists. He was ready to punch his former boss.

"The decision is easy, then," Harris let go of you. "Return to Section 31."

"Never." The Lieutenant said fiercely.

Harris signaled one of his people, who untied you and handed you over to the agent. He took a phase pistol, set it to kill and pointed it to your head; all in front of yor boyfriend's eyes.

"Is this more convincing?" Harris asked.

"Malcolm!" You cried out.

The concern on Malcolm's face grew and grew.

"Their going to be here soon." He repeated in his thoughts. "You just need to buy some more time."

"We're running out of time, Lieutenant."

"You're not going to get away with this."

As soon as the Armoury Officer said that, a MACO assault team lead by Captain Archer started shooting Harris' men. The agent immediately turn around to shoot back, he didn't let go of you. But Malcolm ran up behind him, took advantage of the fact that he was so busy shooting towards the MACOs and knocked him uncouncious. He grabbed your arm and pulled you to safety, back to the shuttle he came with.

When you were finally safe, he hugged you tightly and pressed a kiss on your cheek.

"I'm sorry, darling. This was all my fault." He confessed.

"Oh shut up, you couldn't have predicted this. At least we're both safe now." You tried to calm him.

**************************************

You returned to Earth with Harris and his agents patiently waiting in your brig. You finally had some time off, to forget about the traumatising experience. You wanted to do something with Malcolm, but, as always, he had other plans.

"I'm sorry, love. I have to upgrade our weapons systems. I don't know when we'll come back next time, so I have to do it now." He apologised.

"It's okay, I understand." You weren't too happy about it, but you didn't have much of a choice. "See you soon then!"

He leaned in to kiss you. He was passionate, more than he usually was. It felt like he kissed you goodbye for a long time. Even though you were only supposed to be away from eachother for for days. There was something wrong with him and it concerned you.