Chapter 1

Gaines' s POV
______________________________________

I picked up the piece of wood that fell from the tree I was standing next to. I needed more wood for the fire. It was getting dark and colder by the minute.
The sun was setting behind the grassy hills. Bailey was waiting for me along with Amelia and Jax. I looked around and grabbed some more wood and started to head back for the village.

Once I got there Princess Gabriella saw me. She ran over rapping her six year old arms around me. She was the youngest of our group. I picked her up and she gave me a big bear hug.

"Gaines your back!", she exclaimed with excitement.  "I was only gone for fifteen minutes", I told her, "Where is Bailey?" She pointed to the far North tipi. I told her we could go play in the creek later and I headed for the tipi.

Jax was stacking rocks, Amelia was eating some cooked meat from when we went hunting yesterday, and Bailey was making a blanket from a deer's skin. "Hey guys", I said and Bailey looked up and me. She smiled at me and waved. Then she went back to making the blanket. The other two both looked up and said hello.

She was beautiful. But she would never like me. We have just be friends since we were brought into the village when we were younger.

I put the wood down back outside of the tipi. I got two other sticks and started a fire. Then I got four big pieces of wood and sat them around the fire for us to sit on. Everyone else was around another fire on the other side of the village.

Bailey, Amelia, and Jax came out and we all sat around the fire together. " I can't believe me and Bailey will be 17 tomorrow!", said Jax. They were twins. Me and Amelia were also siblings but not twins. I was older just by a year. She is 16.

"We will have a huge celebration for you guys! It will be amazing!", said Ameilia with excitement and I nodded.

The sun had set and we all started singing a song that Bailey wrote. She was really good at singing. After awhile we all stopped.

"Guys its getting really cold", said Bailey. I stood up and walked over to her seat. I sat by her and put my arms around her to keep her warm. She laid her head on my chest. "Thanks Gaines", said whispered and smiled.

We all sat around the fire awhile more and Bailey fell asleep. Jax and Amelia went back to their cabin and I carried Bailey into the tipi.

I stayed in with her just to make sure she stayed warm. Winter was coming soon. Atleast three people die every winter in our village. I don't want her to be one of them.
...

I woke up. I got up and looked outside. It was dawn. I looked back at Bailey and smiled. I whispered "Happy birthday weirdo." She opened her eyes, sat up, and smiled. "Thanks Gaines. We are still going to have a celebration right?", she asked and I nodded.

I both walked out and found Jax and Amelia sitting around the dead fire.

"Happy birthday brother", said Bailey and hugging Jax. "Same to you little sis."

I turned to see Chief Terrance, Queen Maria, and Gabriella dancing around the fire with everyone else in the village. We all sang happy birthday to Jax and Bailey.

Me, Jax, Bailey, and Amelia went down to the pond where a cliff was. We always jumped off it into the water. We took all the clothes off we could without showing anything.

Amelia went off the cliff first followed by Bailey, me, then Jax. We were out there for atleast three hours.

After we all got out we all went running over the grassy plains and hills. The sun was shinning so bright and beautiful.

We got on all over the clothes we took off and ended back for the village.
Everyone was in a circle with the Chief in the middle standing on a rock. We ran over to see what all the commotion was.

"Everyone please listen. Winter is coming and the German soldiers know where we are! We all will have to leave and find a new place to make our new village!", said Chief Terrance. 

We all had wide eyes. I didnt wait to leave. I have been here all my life.

The Chief continued," I have here a warrior and his troop. This is Huntsman. He has come from another tribe to help us fight off the Germans so we can live in piece."

We all look at Huntsman and he just nodded.

We went and packed all the stuff we could and put them into wagons. We would be leaving in the morning.

Jax and Amelia let me and Bailey stay in their cabin for the night. Bailey laid on me so we snuggled the whole night to keep warm. We all looked outside of the little window and saw flakes. It was snowing.
-----------------------------------------------------------
There is the first chapter! Hope you enjoyed! Make sure you turn on notifications for chapter 2!

   -Peace! :3