Snow day

“Mommy look at that man. He looks funny.”

“Honey we don’t talk like that.”

The man in question was standing in front of them. He had been looking forwards to today. It has snowed a foot last night and that was a good sign for anyone on the slopes. He was here with his brother and all day long he had been hearing people talk about his snow clothes and his hair. If people saw the bottom of his snowboard they talked about that too.

He had black hair with pink highlights. His ski jacket was white with black designs and pink paw prints. His ski goggles were black with pink rims.

He turned around and said to the little girl. “I may look weird but that’s because I have style.” The mother opened her mouth and the girl moved back a little. He turned back around and got onto the lift. With a collage student and another man.

“Yo Grey! It’s been awhile.” The man next to Grey gave him a high five and a cheesy grin.

“Yeah well I’ve been doing other things Kale.” He adjusted his goggles and rubbed his goatee with his gloved hand.

“Isn’t it awesome all the snow we’ve gotten? I’m not leaving today until it closes.”

“I’ve been waiting for a day like this since mid November. Oh Kale you’ve met Izaya right?”

“Yeah met ‘em last summer when we were hiking. What’s up bro?” He said addressing the collage student.

“Just another long day.” Said Izaya with a grin. Like Grey he was wearing heavy winter clothes which included a pair of black ski pants a heavy red coat, and a black hat. The ends of his black hair just poked out and you could see that they were dies red.

When they reached the top Grey waved to Kale and gave him a high five. Then he turned to Izaya. “I’ve got a bet, if u can do three midair tricks and land perfectly I’ll pay for lunch.”

“Your on.” Said Izaya with a wicked grin. They took their snowboards over to the jump area and after about 10 minutes they had a huge crowd. The bet had turned from three tricks to whoever did more flips in a minute. So far it was a draw but Grey still had a few things up his sleeve.

A gasp came from the crowd when Grey did a triple flip in the air then a back flip right before he landed. Then when it seemed like the day couldn’t get any better Grey caught sight of something that made his blood run cold. It was only a fraction of a second but that’s all it took to distract him. Grey landed awkwardly and skidded across the snow. When he stopped moving he lay still staring up at the cloudy sky. Grey was unaware of what was happening around him. All he knew was that his right wrist hurt. He dully registered the pain. What he had seen was a flash of red hidden behind grey and two eyes with distinctly different coloring. He had seen Him.

“Grey! Grey! Hey you ok?! Come on look at me. Hey!”

Grey opened his eyes.

“Hey! now tell me who am I.” Izaya look down at him with concern. His black eyes searching his.

“Your Izaya.” Grey said unenthusiastically.

“What is your relationship with me?”

“You’re my brother.”

Izaya let out a deep breath. “Good I was afraid that you might have given yourself a concussion.”

“Where are we?” Grey asked trying to sit up. His snow cloths were in a pile on the floor along with his snowboard leaning against the wall with Izaya’s. His white long sleeve shirt was stuck to his chest with a cold swat. Izaya looked alarmed and pushed Grey back down. He too was wearing a long sleeved shirt but his was grey and wasn’t quite as sweaty as Grey’s.