The two of them were already very beautiful, so their garden must be immaculate.

They entered the garden silently, and the air left Rose’s lungs. She expected beauty, but this...? this was beyond what she had prepared for.

Thousands upon thousands and perfectly pruned rose bushes covered the area, perfect stonework between the bushes, some showing great heroes, others magnificent beasts, and some even held a mural. Several vampire servants worked on the bushes to keep them primed and strong. “Amazing.” Rose breathed at the sight. Towering in the center of the garden was a Cherry Blossom tree. It’s pale pink petals not yet ready to open, were twisted tightly around one another.

“When it blooms, thousands of petals flow through the air.” Erik said waving his hand to the tree. “My mother planted that tree when she got married to my father many years ago. It was meant to be a symbol of their everlasting love.”

Rose’s hear fluttered, what a romantic gesture, she wanted to do that for her loved one. Someone who she would love for eternity, and have a beautiful reminder of their love such as this. “It’s so wonderful.” She grinned, tears in her eyes. How she longed for that wonderful kind of love.

A true love.

“Rose would you like to continue?” Erik asked, gently swiping away a tear on her cheek. She smiled and looped her elbow through his. Erik grinned at this, it felt right to him. He should have her on his arm like this forever. He laid his fingers over hers and they walked through the garden.

Higher up in the castle in a pretty dark room was a frowning teacher and a proud student. Not only had Charles finished his homework in record time, so far the teacher hadn’t found a single thing wrong. He couldn’t even dock Charles marks. He found no errors in the boys work. “You may leave, Young Master.” He grumbled disdainfully.

Charles grinned even wider and in a blink of a human eye, he was gone. He flew down the stairs to where the scent of fresh human blood was the strongest. “Father.” He bowed in recognition of his father. “King Richard, Queen Aurora, it is a pleasure.” He bowed to the human rulers.

“Charles, your studies are competed already?” Vladimir asked. Of course they were, but he couldn’t help but brag a little at how accomplished his son was.

“Yes father, and the teacher was quite frazzled at the speed and accuracy in which I had finished my work.” Charles smiled. Vladimir and Richard chuckled.

“Excellent work, as always my son. Your brother has gone ahead with the Princess to the gardens, you can meet them there.” Charles bowed and moved towards the side door that led to the garden he had built with his mother. “My lady, if it pleases you my wife has prepared some tea in the next room, would you like to join her while I chat with your husband?” Vladimir asked, he waved his hand to a waiting door where his wife waited.

She, like many vampires, was very beautiful with long dark hair and sharp eyes. She resembled Charles very much as Erik resembled his father. She smiled sweetly and waved a hand in acknowledgment. Aurora smiled and turned that direction. “I will see you two fine gentlemen later then.” She curtsied and moved on ahead.

With the Queens together and the Kings together the palace moved back into a normal pace, except for the princes.

Charles followed his brother’s scent, and Rose’s towards the center of the garden where their mother’s tree was growing. Erik was sitting on a bench facing away from Charles, while Rose was staring up into the branches under the tree.

She spun a few times, making the bottom of her dress swirl around her legs. When she stopped she could see Charles approaching them slowly. She grinned wide and waved at him. He waved back and moved a little faster. “Charles, there you are!” Rose called. Erik turned to see his brother walking at a human speed. Charles didn’t want to use his vampire speed, he didn’t want to scare Rose.