The Dragon Realms BOOK 1: Wingsoar

The Dragon Realms

Book 1: Wingsoar

Chapter One

Sara Devali was everything but normal. She was described as weird and strange, and part of this Middle School gossip was true. She was strange, but not in the way you may think. She was tall and thin. She wore glasses but was definitely not plain. She dressed with a preppy style and had only name brand clothes, pretty normal for the averge 6th Grader. But her personality was as flamboyant as can be. Her long, brown, curly hair was like her personality, crazy. But nobody wanted Sara's personality like they did her curls.

Our story starts on the last day of school for Sara. The worst seven hours (and more) of her life. You would think there would be something exciting and fun to do on their last day at South Middle, but they got loaded with work that they had to finish by the hour. Sara, a straight A student, had no problem with this. It only got unbearable when Sara's old friend, Kimberly Castule, and her friend that she had had a fight with a few days before, Josie Harvington, started giving Sara dirty looks and taunting her.

Sara sat alone at lunch, silent. A girl finally sat next to Sara with a tray of revolting, horrific food from the cafeteria.

"Hey," Sara's friend, Hanna McRay, said smiling.

"Hi," Sara said, still staring down at her now cold lunch.

"Are you ok?"

"Do I look ok?!"

"I was just trying to be nice." Hanna hissed. Sara rolled her eyes.

"Well I've had a terrific day! How about you?" Sara said with every ounce of sarcasm she could muster up.

"My day hasn't been all unicorns and rainbows either."

"What happened?" Sara asked, taking a bite of her sandwhich.

"Kimberly Castule happened." Hanna sneered.

"Doesn't she always?"

"How were you even friends with her, Sara? Now she's up and gone stealing Josie. I thought Josie was smart enough to realize that Kimberly is a stuck up, snotty, little piece of-"

"I'm a what?" Kimberly Castule asked, now behind Hanna and Sara.

"You're a stuck up, snotty, little piece of crap, who needs to realize that she needs to actually wear some clothes." Sara said, smirking at Kimberly. True to Sara's words, Kimberly's ensemble was quite revealing.

"Stop being such a bitch!" Kimberly growled.

"Stop being such a prostitute!" Sara growled back.

"You crossed the line!" Kimberly shouted. Josie stared at Sara. She mouthed the word sorry. Sara narrowed her eyes at Josie and turned back towards Kimberly.

"What are you going to do about it?" Sara asked, standing up and stepping towards Kimberly.

If Sara had known about the full-scale chick fight that was about to occur, she would have not said anything. Kimberly threw herself on Sara, punching and screaming, pulling Sara's hair. Sara yanked Kimberly's hair down and kicked her shin. The girls were on the floor fighting untill she felt someone grab her and pull her up from the brawl. Kimberly was held back too, although she was much less calm, screaming at Sara and trying to escape the hold.

Sara sat in the 6th Grade office in front of Mrs. Rashell's desk. Her eyes were focused on the floor and her heart was pounding, nervous of what her punishment may be.

"You aren't in trouble," Mrs. Rashell said gently. Sara looked up and breathed a sigh of relief. "I understand that it was self defense. I don't care what started the fight, but I want you to know that you did the right thing, trying to get Ms. Castule to stop without hurting her. I don't want any further contact with her. But I have seen you two as great friends. What happened?"