Oneshot

Hitomi sighs heavily, wondering what could have been... But then she shakes her head, scrunching up her nose.

"No. I told myself it was only a dream. It doesn't matter what could have been or what has happened since I've come home..."

She opens her eyes and a tear falls down her cheek.

"That's not true, though, is it?" A man's deep voice.

Hitomi turns around on the train bench, eyes wide, only to see her old friend Amano. She smiles sadly, getting up to hug him. He returns the hug, tightly wrapping his arms about her, before they both sit down, side by side.

"She's told me everything that you've told her. And since I was coming home for awhile, I thought it'd be nice if we could talk," he says.

Hitomi smiles up at him. Amano had been her biggest crush before she was taken to the other world of dragons and samurais and... kings...

"Van..."

"What?"

"Oh, nothing..." She blushes, embarrassed that she whispered out her dream-man's name.

"So, Hitomi-chan... Is what you say true? Because everyone else is saying different."

"...It's true. But then again, at other times, it's not true. I've been fighting myself, trying to figure it out, but it never comes. I even turned to my tarot cards once..."

"That's right. She told me you quit using them. Why? What happened? I feel that it would make more sense if I heard it all from you."

Hitomi shivers, another tear running down her rosy cheek.

"Alright. Well, do you remember when I ran the track and that boy appeared? Then I... We disappeared into that light?"

"Of course I do. How could I forget? I tried so hard to take your hand."

"Well, that was the portal to his world; Gaia, they called it. We went through so much, trying to save the world and rebuild his kingdom, destroying evil, saving people... He was brave and very strong. He saved my life countless times. But he always hid his feelings, always acting tough." She smiles, remembering how she always fought with him, even over the smallest things.

"I told myself I didn't like him. That he didn't like me. But I finally figured out my feelings. It was too late though. I was taken home. And my chance to be his queen was gone..."

"Hitomi, I'm so sorry..." Amano wraps his arms around her, pulling her close, trying to make her feel better. But sadly it doesn't work, and more tears fall down, soaking the front of his shirt.

"I really didn't want to leave... I want to go back, Amano... I want to find Van, so we can talk... So we can be together... I've tried so many times to get back there... But..."

Amano shakes his head. "I'm sorry Hitomi. I wish there was a way I could help you..."

"But there's not. All you can do is remind me of what I've lost, like Allen." Her voice is broken and tired.

"Who?" Was there two loves of her life there? Or was he someone else who was special?

"Allen. He was a noble man, and looked almost exactly like you... He was taller and his hair was long and blonde... But his face was so much like yours. He became a great help to us, training Van without him realizing it. He also helped Van realize his feelings..."

"How so?" They pulled away from each other, and Hitomi looks around, finally letting her eyes rest on the sky. It's getting darker with each passing minute. How long has she been sitting here?