Chapter 11- H/L.P

Start from the beginning

“Okay, I’ll keep an eye out for all 3,” Harry smiles

Just as Harry finishes his sentence, the doors to the room open and a worker strides in with Harry’s uniform in hand. Harry eyes the white trench coat and black pants, and tries his hardest so scan the corners of his mind that mind remind him of wearing that costume at all. He remembers the Asylum vividly. He remembers the walls and the smell, so he must have been here for some time. When the coat and pants get placed in his hands, he notices the fabric isn’t as soft as it looks. It’s quite coarse.

“It’ll soften up after a couple washes, we got you a new uniform,”

“Okay,”

“I think we’ll just let you get ready, and then we’ll take you around and hopefully you’ll get back into it by tomorrow,”

Harry stands up, clutching the clothing closely to his chest and walking across the room, heading towards the bathroom. He locks it behind himself and leans against the door. His head hurts like a bitch and he has a nervous shake, he has no idea why, but the thought of “coming back” is making him feel so weird. The thudding of his heart and the tremor in his hand isn’t something the doctors had ever warned him about, so maybe he was just stressing himself out over nothing. He must have been a great guard to be let back in, even though he can’t remember a thing. He slides out of his clothing, staring down at his own toned body for a few moments and throwing on his work clothing. The fabric itches against his skin and feels tight, it’s an unpleasant feeling. Harry looks at himself in the mirror and splashes his face with fresh cold water before walking back into the office. There’s another guard, with pale skin that glows, and bleach blonde hair that’s slicked back with hair gel, and dark green eyes the colour of moss on a night as dark as tonight. He’s tall and lean, and he leans against the brick wall with his arms crossed. His eyes are trained on Harry, and the corner of his mouth turns up into a smile.

“Welcome back Jake,”

“I’m sorry, I can’t seem to remember your name,”

“Oh, how rude of me, I’m Oliver. I’ve been a colleague of yours for quite some time now,”

“Oh, okay. Are you here to take me back to help the patients?” Harry whispers

“Yeah, are you ready?”

Oliver’s accent is thick and his smile seems too wide and fake and something about him makes Harry’s insides churn. Harry leaves his old clothes on Head Mistress Landles’ desk, because they’d still be there after his shift and he follows Oliver down the dark hallway, and tries to supress the anxiety that is filling him up more as the seconds pass.

*************************************

****************

********

Liam-

It had been days after the disappearance of Harry Styles. Liam’s half-brother, and there had been no word from Head Mistress Landles, and surprisingly, everyone was calm as if Harry Styles never existed in the first place. This wasn’t the first time Harry had gone missing but Liam had grown to learn by now that when Harry goes missing, he always comes back a tad messed up and so far, this was the furthest he’d been away. For as far as he knew, Harry is buried 6 feet under.  All he knows is what Louis had managed to tell him through his panicked state. The only actual fact Liam knew was that one guard spoke about stopping Harry’s heart in hopes of his personality and brain to change chemically and without a doubt, they’d inject unknown substances into his brain while he was “dead”. Liam, despite his usual good nature, had spent a considerable amount of time sitting with Louis and Zayn, devising a plan to find Harry. But that plan had failed miserably, after he was caught carrying keys to D block. Zayn tried to find a separate route, and had even taken Liam’s map of the premises and spent an entire night trying to find a route, but basically every turn and every tunnel was guarded and they’d be caught. Liam had thought it was weird that so many new guards had been hired and even weirder that Liam’s job had been moved down to the other side of the Asylum. Louis and Zayn were to now have new guards and even though Liam barely knew them, he didn’t feel like it was right.

“It’s blocked by the metal bars, there’s no way of getting down there,” Liam whispers

Zayn throws the map down angrily on the table, dust flying off the table. His eyes are blood shot from the lack of sleep he’s had for days. The maximum amount of sleep he’s had in a single night would be an hour, or two if he was extremely lucky. He was so worked up over the fact Harry could be murdered.  Liam sits across from him, legs drawn up to his chest as he rakes his mind for anything, just anything to see Harry, even if it were for a second. Louis was in the commons room and Liam had decided to leave the entire devising between himself and Zayn because Louis, quite frankly, got too worried. He was that worried about Harry that he had brought himself to being quite literally sick.  Zayn sits across from Liam, he sleeves of his black shirt rolled up and his jeans torn and dirty. Zayn’s hair is spiked up and his eyes are a dark brown, like dark chocolate.

“Zayn, it’s getting a little late. I think I should let you get some sleep, and I have to guard the perimeter,”

Zayn looks up, his eyes suddenly widening and his dark lips twitching into a devilish smirk and Liam stares at him for a moment, trying to process what Zayn is thinking, and Zayn just rolls his eyes.

“You’re awfully dumb, aren’t you?” Zayn chuckles

“Excuse me,”

“Seriously, you’re guarding the perimeter for a few hours tonight, you do realise you can actually fucking snoop around?”

“I can’t- I’d get caught,”

“This is when you guard, and keep me cover and I go snoop around. I’m awfully sneaky, I can get into D block easy, if you can cover me,”

“I don’t know…”

“Do you have the keys?”

“Yeah I do,”

“Give them to me,” Zayn whispers

“No,” Liam frowns

“This is to find out if Harry is alive or not,”

Zayn is still unaware of the fact Liam has any relation to Harry, and Liam thinks he won’t tell Zayn ever because it’d just make everything more uncomfortable and plus, Zayn would ask for the details about Harry’s life that Liam isn’t comfortable speaking about. Liam pulls the keys out of his pocket, and stares at the rusty silver key before passing it into Zayn’s warm and slender fingers.

“We better get going, I’ll keep watch,” Liam whispers

“Liam.”

“Yeah,”

“Why are you being so nice to me now? As far as I’m concerned, the first time you locked me up in solitary you told me I deserved the death penalty,”

“I had a bad day. I really didn’t mean it. No one deserves that. I’m sorry about that. I guess I just really need to know if Harry is safe, because I can’t work in a place that’s killing off people whether their guilty or not,”

“True,”

Zayn stands up, and Liam looks over him. Zayn is fairly fit, and his growing muscles are starting to show through his tight fitting shirt. Liam diverts his eyes and walks towards the cell doors, and Zayn follows behind quickly. As Zayn steps out, Liam closes the doors and turns to Zayn.

“You have to be back here by 1 in the morning, that’s when my shift finishes, okay,” Liam whispers

“What’s the time?”

“11,”

“I got this, I’ll be here at 1 on the dot,”

“Okay, good luck, tell me if anything happens,”

“Will do,”

And without another word spoken, Zayn wanders away from Liam walking straight towards the end of the dorm and turning left, clearly heading towards D block. Liam wasn’t 100% comfortable with Zayn being in D block, because D block, it wasn’t the safest block in this asylum. Liam had only been there once or twice in his entire work experience here, and he’d seen some really horrific things. It was basically the solitary confinement block and the surgical block. He doesn’t know what would happen if Zayn got caught sneaking around, and he swallows thickly fighting the urge to go after him. Liam quickly spins on his heels and walks to opposite way, and decides to start checking cells before he turns the lights off.