chapter 8 - 162 Candles

Start from the beginning

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the school hallway, Liv was inside the hallway, alone in the abandoned hallway, hearing Jeremy's voice. "No! Ah!"

Liv looked toward the doorway in confusion, slowly stepping closer.

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the bus pit, Vicki pushed Jeremy away from her, looking at Alex angrily, stalking toward her. Alex swung the board at Vicki. Vicki caught it, taking it out of her grasp, pushing Alex through the air toward a pile of wood planks and recycling garbage.

Jeremy slowly inched closer.

Alex was hurt, her arm and side bleeding, staining her red dress with an even deeper red color.

Liv heard the commotion, running outside, seeing Alex injured and bleeding. "Oh, my God."

Elena ran out of the other door, looking at them worriedly.

Liv looked at Vicki in shock.

Elena helped Alex run toward the doors.

Jeremy took Liv's arm, running toward the doors.

Vicki appeared next to them, pushing Jeremy, Elena and Liv away, grabbing Alex, pulling her away from the door, leaving it open, biting her neck, feeding. Alex screamed in pain and fear.

Stefan appeared behind Vicki, taking a big, pointed, jagged and broken wooden plank, staking Vicki's heart through her back.

Vicki whimpered, pulling away from Alex completely.

Stefan pulled the make-shift stake out of her heart, making her gasp. 

From 1.07 "Haunted", in Jeremy's room, Jeremy, Liv, Elena and Alex were sitting on Jeremy's bed, crying.

"Why does everybody have to die on me?" Jeremy asked.

Alex and Elena wrapped their arms around Jeremy and Liv. The four siblings embraced sadly like that, never moving.

From 1.07 "Haunted", outside the Gilbert House, Stefan, Alex and Elena were talking on the porch.

"Can you make them forget?" Elena asked.

Damon walked toward them. "I can do it."

Alex closed her eyes, looking at Damon, opening them. "Do it."

"What do you want them to know?" Damon asked.

Alex walked closer to him, meeting his gaze. "I want you to tell them that Vicki left town. And she's not coming back. Tell Jer that he shouldn't look for her, or worry about her. He'll miss her, but he knows it's for the best. And Liv... both of their suffering... Just gone. Just take away their suffering. Please."

-~-

Day One

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Stefan had fallen asleep in a chair, the book he had been reading falling off of his lap. He woke, sitting forward, picking up the book, placing it on an end table next to him. He stood, stretching.

He heard a woman's laughter, looking behind him in confusion. 

No one was there.

He heard a creak, looking in the direction it had been coming from.

Wind blew in from an open set of doors. 

Stefan walked toward the glass doors, closing them.

A vampire rushed across the room from behind him, causing a loud clunk.