chapter 7 - Haunted

Start from the beginning

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in the Lockwood Mansion's study, Richard and Carol Lockwood, Sheriff Forbes and Logan Fell were having a meeting.

"Five bodies all drained of blood?" Sheriff asked.

Logan looked up. "They've come back."

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", on the road, Damon compelled Kacie. "Don't say anything to anybody."

Kacie seemed to be in a trance.

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, Nicola heard them coming, looking up at them as they walked closer, still crying, but no longer sobbing. She was still holding Zach's body in her arms. She didn't say a word, not making another noise.

"Oh, God, no, Zach," Stefan whispered, walking closer, kneeling to the left side of Nicola.

Kaylin knelt to the right side of Nicola.

Nicola closed her eyes, more tears falling. 

From 1.06 "Lost Girls", in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, Nicola was still holding her father.

Kaylin slowly tried to take Zach away from her grasp.

Nicola's fingers gripped tighter instantly.

"It's okay," Kaylin told her softly.

Nicola took a slow, quiet, deep breath. Her fingers slowly loosened their hold on the man that raised her, loved her, and had been the only one there for her in eleven years, since her mother had died.

Kaylin laid Zach's body on the floor gently.

Nicola started to breathe slightly heavily, trying to fight to keep her emotions back from the surface, starting to cry again. She closed her eyes, sobbing.

Kaylin looked at her in guilt and grief, taking Nicola's arm, pulling her closer, wrapping her arms around her sadly, comfortingly, sympathetically and reassuringly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Nicola leaned her head against Kaylin's shoulder, crying, slowly wrapping her arms around her. Kaylin put a hand on the back of her head comfortingly. "I'm sorry."

Kaylin closed her eyes in guilt, taking a deep breath, still holding Nicola, rushing away, making them disappear, no longer in the basement with Zach's body.

From 1.06 "Lost Girls", in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, Nicola walked into the basement, half-expecting her father to still be there.

There was no one there. Someone had removed the body.

Nicola looked at the photograph in her hand, starting to gasp, no longer in denial about the truth that her father was dead, starting to cry. She slid down the wall, sitting on the floor, her hand on the wall above her head, letting her hand fall to the floor next to her, setting the picture next to her. She held her head in her hands, continuing to cry.

From 1.06 "Lost Girls", in the foyer of the Gilbert House, Kaylin and Matt were talking, smiling small smiles.

Elena walked into the kitchen, looking down the hall, noticing Kaylin and Matt. "Kaylin."

Kaylin turned to face her.

Elena nodded for her to come to her.

Kaylin looked at Matt, shrugging, backing away with a teasing smile, turning around, walking into the kitchen, looking at Elena. "What?"

"The mind control, the feeding Damon did to Caroline and Eliza..." Elena trailed off. "Do you ever do that to Matt?"

"What?" Kaylin asked in disgust, as if the suggestion had been an insult. "No. God, no."