A - Always & Forever

Oneshot by: Ellie, littlebookfairy
❝ ALWAYS & FOREVER.❞

Once when she was a little girl, Quinn Fabray had heard her Mother tell her that love was forever.

She hadn't believed her mother of course, seeing the way her parents marriage had went, but young Quinn had never forgotten what her mother had said.

And even as a adult, Quinn still remembered the words quite clearly, though she never knew why.

Rachel and Finn where in love she would tell herself.  And he died.

There were so many cases in which love hadn't been forever, where the two lovers hadn't gotten their happy ending.  Love wasn't forever.  You could be in love one day, and hate each other the next.

It was why she was so hesitant to love.  It was why she refused to ever give 100% of herself to a man, knowing that their relationship would probably not last forever, and it would end with her in tears.

Love wasn't forever, it couldn't be forever.  Someone will always die, or cheat, or fight.  It was inevitable that a relationship would fail in someway or another.  In Quinn's personal experience, someone had always cheated, fell in love with another, lied. 

True love was just another story, all fictional.

She believed in all of this stuff, until one day.

Until that one fateful day where she threw caution to the wind and ran after the boy who loved her.

Quinn didn't know why she did it, all Quinn knew was that if she didn't, she would regret it.

"Stay" she had told him. 

And he did.

Noah Puckerman had stayed.

Over the past five years, their relationship had gone through hell and back, romantically and platonically. There was about a million reasons why they should have never seen each other again. Love wasn't forever. 

If anything, her and Noah's relationship had been full of more deceit than each one of her relationships combined.

Yet all these years later, they had still found their way back to one another.

This lead her to think of another saying she had read somewhere.  "If you love someone, set them free.  If they come back they're yours, if they don't they never were."

She had genuinely loved him all those years ago, and they had grown apart.  Now here he was, admitting his love for her and deep down, she knew that she felt the exact same thing.   

He had loved her then, and he still loved her now.

She thought of Rachel and Finn, she thought of their love.  And she remembered Rachel's song.

Rachel would always love Finn.  She would move on, but she would always have a special place in her heart for him, always and forever.

She had never loved anyone more than she had loved Noah Puckerman.  Sure, she loved Finn and Sam and maybe she even cared for Biff.  But none of them ever compared to the feelings that she harboured for Noah.

She was in love with the boy with the mohawk.  She knew that clearly now.

Always and forever, she had loved him.

Maybe love was forever after all.

(A/N: Thank you so very much for reading this oneshot!  It wasn't necessarily a new story but the feelings that I though would be going through Quinn's head during "100" and "New Directions". I hope you enjoy the rest of the oneshots in this book as they are written by some spectacular people!)