chapter 1

"4 Hanka Robotic scientists were found dead." Your assistant said, handing you the datapad.

"All of them were part of Project 2571." You murmured, scanning the data.

"What?"

"Nothing." You replied, handing the datapad back to your assistant.

The next person he would go after would be Dr. Dahlin.

"It's late. I'm going to go home. Can you log my time?" You told your assistant.

"Of course, Doctor."

You rushed to Dr. Dahlin's room, only to gasp as you saw Kuze smash Dr. Dahlin's face. He instantly turned to look at you, making you move back to the door.

But it was locked.

You let out a shaky breathe as you slowly turned around, the hooded Kuze walking up to you.

"You also helped create me-me." He muttered, a hand reaching out. "I remember you."

"Yes." You shuddered, his hand brushing along your cheek. "Are you going to kill me?"

"But you-you also saved me."

"In a way, yes." You replied. "I created a serum that... defused the death serum. I wanted someone to survive the experiments."

"Why?" He moved closer, his eyes boring into yours.

"I couldn't keep killing innocents." You said softly, moving backward so your back was against the wall. You looked down, afraid of what he could do to you.

His hand placed on the side of your skull, before a wave of electricity pulsed through your head. Pain shot through your body, your body falling forward as Kuze caught you before you passed out.