➳chapter six➳

Start from the beginning

But I knew that deep down Jack wanted the same thing as me. If he wanted to be fucked, relationship or not, it didn't make a difference to me. A fuck is a fuck. I could just drop him afterwards.

Jack's point of view

"Fine. Take me out on a date."

I stated it almost as if it was a challenge. I had gotten gradually more wary of Finn in the past week, so in all honesty, it might have been just that. Because everyone knows that the greatest challenge for a former fuckboy is commitment.

He smiled. It looked genuine, and it wasn't a smirk. I decided he wasn't faking it. "Okay, how does Friday sound to you?"

"Um, good. What time? And where?"

"Seven. And that is for you to find out, princess."

He winked, the smirk returning as he swiftly left the bathroom, only seconds before the bell rang to signal a few minutes until first period.

I walked in before the second bell could ring, but I was still bombarded. "You're late again! That only happens when you're with Finn," Wyatt whined, saltiness radiating off of him like the ocean. "Stop leaving me behind."

The same dazed feeling as last week took over, my eyes glossing over like I was high.

"Jack? Hello? Earth to Jack?" Jeremy waved his hand in front of my face. It took me a minute or two to realize.

"What happened?" Sophia asked, concern laced in her voice.

"He asked me out on a date," I whispered, immediately looking to Wyatt and Jaeden for their opinions. "Like, he seriously did. Tomorrow night at seven."

Wyatt furrowed his eyebrows, everyone at the table sharing a confused look. "I've never heard of him doing that," Jaeden said, his tone holding a fair amount of shock.

"Maybe he's changing. I'm gonna give him a chance."

Friday came, and I practically ripped apart my closet searching for something I could wear. T-shirt? Too casual. A blazer? What the hell, that's way too dressy.

I would have helped if I picked up my phone and asked where Finn was taking me.

I eventually stumbled across a plain short sleeved button up, the price tag still on it. I picked up my rip-less black jeans, making sure that they were tight enough to almost cut off my circulation. But they didn't, they just made my ass look really good.

I threw on a pair of new vans that I had just gotten, and bam, I looked, dare I say, hot enough for Finn Wolfhard.

At precisely Seven there came a knock to my door. I sent a text to Reylynn and the group chat, both of which still wanted to practically murder me. I opened the door.

You know that feeling when you see someone so hot that you get this feeling in your stomach and you feel like you can't really look at them or else you'll be on your knees sucking their dick within seconds?

That was me with Finn.

He wore tighter jeans than mine, almost making it seem like a competition, with a tight long sleeve pastel blue shirt and white converse. I melted at the sight of him.

He looked at me up and down, smiling instead of smirking for the second time that day without correcting himself. "You look gorgeous, as always, Jack."

"You look like a rat," I giggled, taking his hand and skipping down my three front steps.

"I try," he flipped his hair, leading me out to his car and opening the passenger side door.