the night his best friend died

They were eating pork chops and mashed potatoes. His dad was on his sixth beer. He got nervous because once his dad got to five beer he became violent at the littlest thing.

 " So Todd what did you do at work," asked his mom.

   "I worked Mary I worked as hard as a horse in the old days. I did more than you did Mary," he replied angrily.

       I'm sorry for asking honey, his mom apologized in a weak voice.

       That's right, he said with a lifting of his chin.

       His dad turned to Kek, boy! Get me another beer now!

       Kek said, yes sir.

Kek got up from his chair and walking to the refrigerator to get a beer.  He started to walk back to his dad but his mom grabs his arm,

"Kek put that back your father had enough alcohol tonight." Kek was so still looking between his parents. don't tell what to do woman, his dad said angrily. Then he looked at Kek, Boy give me that beer now!

His mom stands up in front of Kek, I said no more beer, Todd! You can have some water or milk.

His dad was glaring at his mom as he started to stand up clench his fist. As fast as lightning he hit his. His mom hit the ground with the thug.

His dad glared at Kek said Boy go to your room now. I’ll be there after I’m done with teaching your mother a lesson.

He started hitting his mother over and over before Kek running to his room but he didn't go to his room. He hid behind the corner watching his dad hitting his mom, and hearing his mom scream in pain as his dad grab his mom's hair and starting to kick his mom. After hours of hearing and watching his mom getting hurt. His dad lets go of Mary’s limp body.

That night Kek wasn’t the same kid again. His dad told police that a robber came to the house and his mom defended Kek after his dad was knocked out by the robber. From that day forward Kek didn't trust the police for believing his father about his mother death.