Decryption

You were up late tonight working on your latest project for your students, an entire list of the alphabet and some words of the Bethmora  a race of elves in a story your grandmother told you about many years ago. The project was to write a letter in the language and turn it in by Monday, you just had to finish decoding this last bit of text.

Riiiiiing Riiiiing

You pulled out your phone to see who's calling but the caller I'D just read Trash Management, you put the phone to your ear and spoke "Hello?" 
"Hey Y/N Its Jeanette from the main office there is a guy that would like to see you" Oh god you prayed it wasn't Randy he has been asking you out all week and he hasn't gotten the hint you don't like him. "Send him in"  she hung up and a few moments later you heard the door knob turn, a sort of tall man walked in he looked old and...what was he wearing...is that a gas mask?

"Hello, you wanted to see me?" He waved and sat down in the chair in front of your desk "Hallo, mein name is Johann Kraus and I heard that you are a historian"  oh god he is German, you don't like Germans, Germans make you nervous

"Yes?" You shuffled the papers at your desk, Johann pulled out some papers and slid them to You "could you perhaps tell me where these are from?" Your eyes widened, you knew those letters. You quickly grabbed the pictures, they were on walls and on a..case or cage? "Where did you get these?" He gestured to the window where on the outside was a large black van "I work for an agency and we need someone with your skills, come with me" your heart raced and you grabbed your purse, you have never been on the field and you were so excited to finally touch and feel history.