I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 11]

Začít od začátku

"Uh, you're welcome Gracie."

How did he know her name?

Gracie smiled at me in victory like she accomplished her perfect trick.

"What was I going to say?" Nick asked himself. "Oh yeah, Kiara, what would you like for dinner?"

I shrugged.

Nick looked at the others.

"Chinese." Gracie said after no one answered.

"I could go for some Chinese." Nile confirmed.

"Everyone agrees?" Nick asked.

We all nodded in agreement.

"I'll order after Shelby shows up, is that fine?"

"Yeah that's fine." I answered.

He nodded and looked at Gracie as if it was awkward for both of them then walked away. We watched him leave and Gracie turned around to me smiling.

"Am I good or am I good?" She said.

"Do we have a third choice?" Nile asked.

"Hilarious." Gracie sarcastically said.

"You just can't take the fact that I'm right."

"Right about what?"

"A lot of things."

They started arguing about completely nothing but I knew Nile was doing it for fun while Gracie was getting angry at him. I watched them argue but I got distracted after Hazel started talking to me.

"I heard Jordan hasn't been too well." She said glancing over to him.

I followed her eyes to him and he was smiling as the two were fighting. I looked back at Hazel. "Yeah, we don't know what's wrong with him."

"You guys know that this 'Monique' is a vampire hunter?"

I nodded.

"Didn't you go over to her house?"

"Yeah." I said confused.

"Have you ever thought that maybe -."

"Kiara!" Someone said in a happy mood.

The air got cold and my heart beat faster as I knew whose voice that was. We all turned our heads to the left to find Monique standing happily on the sidewalk.

"Hey hunny!"

"Hi, Monique."

"Oh are these some of your friends?" She asked walking up to Gracie.

Something felt wrong as she walked up to Gracie. Nile walked up next to Gracie and pulled her close to him.

"This is Gracie." Nile said holding her tight. "And that's Hazel." He pointed next to me.

Hazel waved slightly with a nice smile.

"So happy to meet more of Kiara's friends." She smiled.

Even though she put that smile on that looked so deceitful we all knew hatred was behind her smile, behind her eyes. It gave me the chills and probably gave the others chills too. Gracie had hatred in her eyes as they stared at each other. They both knew who they were and it wasn't a good combo. I'm guessing Nile was holding her back so they wouldn't start fighting. Not like Monique would start it, she wants to irritate one of the vampires so they can be blamed.

I watched Monique look over at Jordan. Jordan didn't have a fake smile or some sort of sign to Monique that he was happy that she was here. He just had a blank expression and some curiosity. We all had curiosity as we stared at her. It got awkward after the silence spread for a few seconds.