She clenched Karma's strong and unyielding arms, her fingers digging into his skin as fear washed over her.

"Akabane release her this instant!!" Ren ordered.

"Not until I get what I want," Karma trailed. Ren's eyebrows narrowed but Karma continued,"The documents for the upcoming event. Give it to me or I'll slit her throat."

Y/N whimpered. Karma then pressed the knife to her throat. And what shocked her the most was that the edge was soft. It didn't hurt at all. It was made of rubber. And in that momment she understood. Karma just wanted the documents. He wasn't really insane enough to slit her throat. He had pressed the knife nearer to her throat to scare the others but assure her that she wasn't going to die.

But the documents, she would not give it to him even if he meant something to her. Because if she did, the rest would be punished and she didn't want that to happen. She couldn't bear the look of agony on their faces as they get punished. Let herself suffer but not the people around her.

"The documents?" Karma pressed on.

"We won't give it to you." Y/N snarled.

"Feisty."Karma said to my ear, sending goose bumps down my spine. And then the knife was gone, and so were the documents from my hands."Till I see you again, Baby Girl."

Karma said and he was gone too. The others were rushing to her in an instant.

"Y/N-Chan, are you okay?" "Are you hurt?" These were some of the questions they bombarded me with. I held my palm out. A silent order and the room went silent.

"Thanks for the concern. I'm fine and I'm not hurt." Y/N assured them. "Our main concern is to fix the window and prepare for punishment." 

*****

Y/N had never seen Asano Gakushu so angry before, and it was scaring the hell out of her. He didn't yell, and he didn't curse - he just went very still in his seat and very quiet. The only signs of his rage were his lilac eyes, glittering with a deadly calm.

Y/N tried not to flinch in her chair as he stood up.Some sucked in their breath. Then he punched her right on the arm. She winced at the pain but didn't scream. It was going to bruise. Badly.

"Y/N L/N, you were the last one holding the documents. You're mainly responsible for this mess, am I right?" Gakushu said. Y/N didn't answer. She couldn't speak. If she started talking, her trembling voice would betray her of any bravery shown on her face. She couldn't endure that humiliation.

"I expect you to answer when asked a question." Gakushu chided.

"I-I...."

"Asano-san, it wasn't entirely her fault," Ren said. "Karma Akabane had a knife to her throat. And we-" Ren gestured to everyone who saw everything. "-didn't help her at all. We are also as fault. Please don't take all the blame on L/N-San."

Y/N sent a look of gratitude towards Ren for helping her. Gakushu sighed.

"I suppose it's not fair if I punish you only, Y/N-San. I'll let all of you slipped this time." The sombre atmosphere immediately changed into a relieved one. "But, Y/N, I want you to take the documents back tomorrow from Akabane. I don't care how you do it. Just get it back. Don't cause too much mess."

Before Y/N could protest, he stood up, gesturing for the meeting to be over. And that was it. She had no choice but to do the task. Some patted her shoulder as they left the room, giving her a sympathetic look. But she didn't need their pity. She didn't want their pity. It made her feel inferior. And she despised it.

*****

The most not-so awaited day had arrived. Y/N was given a 'reasonable' absent pass from Gakushu Asano. Y/N didn't have to come to lessons for today unless she wanted too and was done with her task. She should feel relieved. And she was but not entirely. While escaping one task, another even harder task awaited her.