She rolls her eyes, "No."

I sigh, and throw her a navy tank top and some black high-waisted shorts that were studded in the back, I've picked up on the fact Freya likes dark colors but I don't mind. Then I throw her one of my combat boots, we're about the same size in everything which has it's perks, I'm planning to borrow the leather jacket she's wearing soon.

"Get changed." I ordered and she went into the bathroom.

 Rummaging threw my clothes, I couldn't find anything so I went to my closet and Immediately spotted the piece of bright fabric. I pulled the red sweetheart neckline peplum dress out and smiled, I loved the black lace on the top half over the red. I slid it on and noticed my filled out nicely.

I pulled on black pumps momma bought for me. Freya come out the bathroom.

" I have to admit your taste in clothing is pretty awesome." She was looking down at herself.

" I know."

She looked at me and cocked an eyebrow, "Who are you making an effort for?"

"No one." I replied, pulling her down into the chair and taking my hair straightener out to do her bangs and few other pieces, her hair was practically dead. Then I put some smokey eye and some pink lip gloss on her. After she opened her eyes, she smiled at me.

"I don't know why you're getting me all dressed up though, Jack won't be able to see me."

"Turn that frown upside down, we can still have fun. Maybe get you a new profile pic." I sent her a wink and she laughed then she curled my hair and did my make up. When I opened my eyes, I had winged eye liner, some sultry red lips and little bronzer. She did terrific.

"Let's go." I got a text from Jack and don't want to leave him waiting. I grab her hand and we head downstairs, momma is putting on the music. Then, there's knocking and we're greeting Jack.

I give him a quick hug then practically shove him into Freya who while thankful still shoots me a glare then they disappear somewhere. I greet guests until my feet are asleep and I still don't see Mr. Aubrey, so I head towards the back which is empty. I steal some of mommas whiskey and head towards my room. Brent texts me and I tell him to come to my room and bring glass cups.

"Hey." He walks in wearing a bright smile.

"Hey, sexy."  I say slyly, holding up the bottle of whiskey.

"Score!" He sits on the floor across from me and I tell him to pour the cups while I lock the door and then we drink and drink and drink until I've forgotten all about Mr. Aubrey and somehow Brent and I end up kissing. But his mom calls him and so I watch him splash his face with cold water, giggling.

"Your mom's gunna kill you."

He gives me a half smile before leaving and then I remember Freya and exit my room. I bump into someone and stumble, the hallways dark but someone catches me, when I look up I see those blue eyes.

" James?"

"Lola?"

And we're both a little breathless.

I can't help the giggles that bubble up in my throat and have no choice but to release them. James send me a smile and that's when I realize how close we are. I'm hovering mere inches away from the ground with his hand on the small of my back as If he just dipped me and I can feel his warm and minty breath mixing with my whiskey one. He seems to also realize how close we are because he stands up and drops his arms. Everything around me is tingling as If the air is around us is electrified and then suddenly I feel sober.

"Jamey poo." Well, not exactly sober, more like...alive.

"Have you been drinking?" He doesn't ask sternly and I think I catch something playful in his tone but I still shake me head vehemently. Momma would kill me if she found out.

"No, sir."

"You don't have to call me sir, Lola. We're not in the classroom."

I  don't know why but I find myself giggling some more, " You're so cute."

"How old are you, Lola?"

"Thirteen?"

"And how old do you think I am?"

"Twenty seven?"

He chuckles, " Thirty seven."

"You're still hot."

He cocks and eye brow but says nothing, "You should go to bed before one of the guest sees you like this."

I nod and stumble around the dark hallway, tripping but then he walks over and wraps and arm around my waist.

"Just point me to where your room is."

I do and he walks me over there, opening the door and placing me on the bed. My brain is so fuzzy that I can only sit there numbly as he takes of my heels and places them next to my bed, shaking his head.

"Go to bed, Lola." He stands up when he sees the whiskey bottle and takes it, a small laugh escaping his lips. Then he sees something else on the carpet and frowns, bending down to pick it up.

He turns to me with a serious expression, " What is a males watch doing in your room?"

For a second I'm confused then i remember, " That's Brents, he took it off and he must've forgot it here."

"What was Brent doing here?"

I roll my eyes, " He was invited, duh!"

He didn't say anything, just gave me the watch and I put it on my bedside table. Then he turned the light off and gave me a feather light kiss on my forehead. He's leaving when I call out to him.

"But don't I look pretty today?"

I'm falling asleep but I manage to hear his soft reply, " Of course, Lola. You look beautiful — you always look beautiful."

Then, I'm consumed by darkness but not before a smile makes its way on my face.

When I wake up in the morning, I remember everything and grin before frowning as the sunlight goes throw the glass.I move to close them but then I realize Freya's on the bed so I slide slowly out the bed then pull my heavy curtains closed. I grab some pajama shorts and a white t-shirt to put on then shuffle around for some Advil, popping two in my mouth. After my quick shower, I throw my hair into a messy bun and wipe the remaining make up off. Then I put my dress away, when I get out Freya is awake and I throw myself onto the bed. She's already changed into her pajamas so I smile.

"So, how was your night with Jack?"

She blushes, " Well,we just hung out the whole time. We escaped to your yard and we hung out on those swings. We just talked and in the end he kissed me."

I winked at her, " Ohhh, look who's getting some."

"Shuddup, " She shoves me, " don't think I didn't see Brent walk up the stairs."

I shrug, " We just talked too and drank, lots."

"You were knocked out when I came in."

"Yeah but that's because I got tired."

"I'm surprised you don't have a killer hang over."

"Yeah well, I've drunk plenty of times before, I learn to deal with it."

She just shakes her head at me, then we both head to the kitchen. Momma made a big breakfast with eggs, bacon, crescents and some french fries. I pile mine miles high and so does Freya but the our door opens and James comes in.

Freya and I say hi but I'm wondering why he's here when momma says she invited him. Oh.

We all finish and I take the dishes to momma. James looks at me as if he's expecting me to say something the whole time but I pretend like I don't notice and when he asks me If I remember anything from last night, I say no.

I think we both know I'm lying.

Later on, James is still here but Freya left. There's a knocking at the door and when I open it, It's Brent. I throw my arms around his neck and he chuckles.

"Excited to see me?"

"Of course, It's so boring here." I say sourly. although I'm mostly mad that momma and James have been together whole day in the living room.

"Yeah, I left my watch."

" I know, I have it on my dresser." I grab his hand and pull him towards the living room where the stairs to my room are.

"Hello Brent! Nice to see you again, dear." Momma sends him a smile and when her eyes land on our hands, she smiles even brighter. I see James give him a glare but he replaces it with a welcoming smile when momma and Brent turn towards him.

"Hey Mr. Aubrey." He doesn't tell Brent to call him James, he just nods in acknowledgment.

"We're going upstairs, Brent left his watch yesterday."

I don't wait for her to reply before I'm bounding up the steps. When we get inside, I toss Brent his watch and sit on my bed.

"Whats Mr. Aubrey doing here?"

I send him a shrug, " He's our neighbor and momma invited him here."

'You think him and your mom will get together?"

I ignore the urge to scowl, James is mine, and instead scrunch up my nose, " Ew, I hope not. That'd be weird."

He nods as If understand but he doesn't, not at all, I bet.

"Wanna hang out?" He asks and I nod. I quickly grabs a lace shirt and some leggings, then get dressed in the bathroom. I then let my hair out from the sloppy bun and am relieved to say, It still looks decent, we're not going anywhere special anyway.

When I get out, Brent send me a crooked smile and offers me his hand which I gladly take. "You look nice."

I roll my eyes, "Sure I do."

We head downstairs and when momma asks where I'm going, I tell her with Brent. She coo's and I ignore it, seeing how James is eerily silent.

"Well, bye mom." I give her a kiss on the cheek then we head off.

"So, where are we going?" I ask him once we're outside.

He gives me that dimple smile, I almost never see and I feel my heart skip a beat. " You'll see."

And then he's raising down the road and I am right behind and this is the only time I ever chase after a boy. Daddy always said, let them come to you.