Chapter 21 part one

Start from the beginning

I paced the hall ignoring the leech’s irritated look as Ashley slept on his lap.
“We’re finished,” her grandmother stepped out the door and glared at me.
“I suggest that you don’t go in until she wants you too as for the others you’re allowed to go,” She instructed I stomped up to the door seeing Angel curled up and sniffling in the bed, she glanced up at me and closed her eyes while shaking her head no.
“No, Ashley,” She cried out while my wolf started to whine once more as my heart dropped again. I couldn’t do anything, but back away and let Ashley and the others take over.

(Angel POV)

“He doesn’t love me and it hurts,” I cried to Ashley trying to forget again, but it wasn’t working, nothing was working.
“It won’t go away,” Its like everything is coming at me at once and I kept going back to that place, that I had longed to forget. I curled up with Ashley as she told me to calm down and rest, but I can’t rest.

(Flashback)

10 years ago
“Dad,” I called out wandering around the park. Today is my birthday, well not yet, but it’s the day before and I’m going to do some much this wee, I even got a bear as an early present. Dad is fixing me a super big cake, like touch the ceiling cake, right now we’re at our pack festival, tonight I’ll officially be apart of the pack which is totally super.
“Have you seen my dad?” I asked a lady pulling gently on her shirt; she smiled and shook her head. I thanked her and ran off ignoring her as she told me to come back. If she can’t find him, I’ll be able to.
“Dad,” I called out, I want to get cotton candy today, but the candy guy is asking for money. I don’t have money yet. Mom says I need to work for money, but she doesn’t work for money which doesn’t make sense because she has a lot of money.
“Hey you,” I called out looking at the pale kid. He turned to me and frowned.
“What?” he grumbled I went to him and poked him feeling my fingers freeze in return. He hissed at me.
“You seen my dad?” I asked he rolled his eyes and shook his head, I shrugged, but took his hand.
“Come on. Lets play for a bit,” I suggested watching his bright eyes widen as I smiled. He doesn’t seem happy so I’ll play with him.
“Why do you want to play with me?” he asked I dragged him out to the field where I always play.
“Because I think you’re nice and you’re pretty,” I said smiling brightly as his face turned red, I poked his cheek and laughed.
“You know I’m a night dweller,” he said I nodded he’s a vampire, but he’s a nice one, plus he’s really nice to look at.
“I’m a wolf and I’ll be a big one, one day, but I’m a little short,” I said pushing him down the hill, he yelped, but I rolled down with him laughing as we landed in a pile of mud.
“My name is Angel, you’ll be my best friend,” I state grinning he glared a little before laughing and throwing a chunk of mud at me. I screeched and threw it back laughing harder as a piece landed in his dark hair.
“I’m Thomas,” I grinned we’ll be awesome together.

2 hours later

I giggled as Thomas chased me through the forest, I could still hear the festival happening and I was having fun.
“Angel we shouldn’t go out too far,” He called out I laughed I always go out far.
“We’re safe in the territory,” I called out stopping by a tree and giggling as he jumped out a bush and tackled me, I fell on my butt with a oomph.
“You’re not very fast for a vampire,” I said laughing as he pushed me down again with a grin.
“And you’re not very big for a wolf,” he retorted back I giggled and flexed my arms.
“I’m super strong though,” I pointed out he pulled up his own shirt and flexed his arms making me laugh again.
“Me too and my dad is fast too,” he stated I nodded and jumped on him again, he grinned and moved from underneath me.
“I bet you I can beat you back to the festival,” I gave him a toothy smile and nodded.
“You’re on,” I crouched down as we counted off.
“Three” he yelled speeding off, I followed quickly after him, he looked over his shoulder I frowned at him and stuck out my tongue laughing as he tripped I skipped over him running ahead quickly. I looked over my shoulder seeing that he was still on the ground. I puckered up my lips and turned around. Mom says I have to help people in need no matter what, so I guess I have to help him.
“I’ll help you up,” I say holding out my hand, he grabbed hold of it only to pull me down with a smirk.
“Got you,” He quickly stood up taking off as I gaped.
“You cheater,” I yelled running and trying to catch up to him. Oh when I get him, I’m so going to pummel him and then I’m going to tell his parents. I kept running getting closer.
“Its called tactic, that’s what my dad says,” He said as I yelped and fell feeling something sharp hit my leg. I looked down seeing blood coming out. I bit my lip trying not to cry.
“Thomas help,” I cried out not liking that it was flowing out fast. I looked up seeing Thomas stopping he looked at me suspiciously before sniffing the air and coming towards me quickly. He crouched over me and took off his shirt.
“Don’t cry, its not deep I don’t think, but we have to get you back to my parents,” I nodded letting him wrap my leg before he picked me up and pulled me to his back, I gasped.
“Told you I was strong, dad says I’ll be even stronger soon,” he stated I nodded as he started to run. I closed my eyes. He stumbled a bit and hissed quietly. We kept going for a good few minutes but he was slowing down.
“Angel whatever happens I’ll get you back,” He said I frowned not understanding what he meant until he fell to the ground holding his side as I fell with him.
“Thomas,” I shook him frantically trying to get him to wake up, I flipped him over seeing blood flowing out his wounds.
“Thomas,” I cried out trying to pick him up, but he’s too heavy.
“Look what we have,” I scrambled back and covered Thomas with my body growling. I may not have my wolf yet, but I’ll protect Thomas no matter what.