"Finally...my time has come."

Cole took his bag of tea and dangled it from the pre-attached string, admiring it in it's full glory. Cole's eyes sparkled as he slowly let it sink into his cup of water. Surprisingly, the tea bag filtered a deep purple color into the water rather quickly. Soon the invisible look to the water was turned into the purple. Cole was surprised, and sort of disturbed by how fast it was, but he didn't really care. He was about to drink tea he just made himself! This was a big step for him! Without another thought, he chugged the cup down. Once the taste hit his taste buds, he felt like he was going to throw up. He puffed up his cheeks and tried to keep the chugged tea in his mouth. If the guys found out the tea tasted THAT bad, it would be the inside joke of the century. Cole leaned over the counter, his shoulders shivering as he tried to get his home-made tea down his throat. His gag reflex was begging for him to spit it out, but Cole was determined. After a couple small grunts, he finally got it down. He let out a sigh of relief and hung over the side of the counter. At that moment, Jay decided to look over.

"How'd the tea taste?" Jay asked from across the room.

Cole put a fake smile on for show. "It tasted great! But...there's a few kinks I like...need to work out. Doesn't taste too right yet."

His world shook a bit.

"Gotcha. Maybe we can give it to Wu later as a gift or something." Jay smiled. Cole nodded.

The world twitched again. Cole's eyes started to twitch as well. He tried to hide it, but he couldn't do much to actually hide it, let alone stop it. Jay narrowed his eyes, lookin at the strange behavior.

"Hey dude...you feelin' ok?"

Cole nodded, his head feeling like it was just cut lose and was only hanging by a string. He was anything but ok now.

"Yeaah I'm...I'm ok."

His feet shifted, his ankles starting to ache. What in the world was happening anyway? With almost a hiss coming out of him, he stumbled. Jay got Zane's attention and got out of their seats, going towards Cole. The black ninja collapsed at that point.

---

When he was coming back, he could feel something wrong. Something was very, very wrong. When he opened his eyes, he saw Jay next to him, bent down. He looked incredibly huge, more larger than he remembered him to be. Jay looked incredibly concerned, worry plaguing his face.

"Cole...? You awake bud?"

Cole nodded. He felt like there was a frog in his throat so he really didn't bother a attempt to verbally reply. Everything seemed foggy and out of place to him as he stared at Jay.

"Hey...uh...I don't know how to break this to ya' but...we think that tea did something." Jay spoke, forcing a smile.

"What do you mean?" Cole managed to get out.

Jay nervously rubbed his hands together, trying to find the right words in his head.

"Uh...maybe if it's best if I show you?"" Jay said, reaching over to the mirror he had next to him. Cole's heart skipped a beat, seeing a giant hand snaking near  him. He felt Jay grab what he thought was his arm. It felt...incredibly foreign. Cole was about to promptly ask why before he was given the visual answer. In front of him was a small lizard type looking arm. It was stubby and it contained a lot of muscle beneath the charcoal shaded scales. He felt the connection from that arm to his body.

...There was no way that was his arm.

Cole found the strength to get up rather quickly and scurry over to the nearest corner he could make out. On the way to the corner he heard the clatter of his tiny claws against the wood floorboards. Once he got into the corner, Jay huffed and tried to sneak back over to his little lizard friend.

"It's alright Cole. We told Wu and he said the effects should wear off in a day." Jay said in a attempt to calm Cole down. Cole's small reptilian heart beat faster than he thought a heart could beat, staring at Jay come closer and closer each passing second. Cole looked Jay right in the eyes, his deep brown eyes enticing Cole into a sense of comfort. His heart still beat at what he thought was a hundred times a second, but he started to inch closer to Jay.

While getting closer to Cole he felt his knee give out from the stress of crouching for so long. This surprised Cole, a popping noise emitting from him. The pop signified that he had transformed again. Now he was left in a bigger body, his form taking one of a black eagle.

"Woah...that's...sooo...cool!" Jay squeaked, his eyes sparking with joy. Cole shook his head. He was going to tell Jay that his statement wasn't helping the situation at hand...but Cole couldn't help but to smile at Jay's growing smile. Cole decided to get closer to Jay, his legs not easy to maneuver. He kept trying to walk like he normally would but the bones in his legs were screaming no. In result, he tripped over one of his legs. Taking action, Jay caught the big bird before he could fall face first onto the floor. Cole flapped his feathers mildly, settling them as soon as Jay picked him up.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it."

// 

Jay sat outside on the sidewalk with Cole. Cole had found a form he grew a liking too and it was the form of a pangolin with a smoke black scales. He had found his way curled up in Jay's lap, comfortably letting the warmth of his friend drape over him like a blanket. Jay had a hand on Cole's back, gently keeping it there out of pure aesthetic.

"The city gets so pretty after work hours...we should go out sometime." Jay mumbled to his animal friend. Cole nodded.

"Yeah. We should hit up a movie or a restaurant." Cole said with interest in the idea. Jay looked down at Cole, a small smile on his face.

"Did you just ask me out on a date?"

Cole's small eyes seemed to grow twice their size. He uncurled and put his claws against Jay's chest.

"N-no! Think of it like...a...best-friend-night-out!"

Jay laughed, patting Cole's back again. If Cole could, he would be blushing up a storm.

"So when you want to go on our date then?"