Keira Fitz

Keira Fitz pulled her car into the Rosewood High School parking lot. She tucked a piece of her long, dark brown hair behind her ear. She removed her sun glasses to reveal her big, grey eyes.

She stepped out her car and locked it.

She walked up the steps of Rosewood High School and went inside, heading straight for her locker. Reaching her locker, she grabbed out her first book for the day. English. She felt like she didn't need English because she new basically everything about it because her dad was an English teacher then an English professor.

"Hey hey." Said a voice from behind her.

She spun around and smiled at the sight of one of her best friends, Lilliana Rivers.

"Hey Lil." She said.

"Hey, so listen, emergency slumber party at mine tonight! Kay?" Lilliana said.

"Okay... why?"

"For Tilly. She's like devastated."

"Yeah, poor girl. What time?"

"Six thirty! Tell Tori but not Tilly! It's a surprise!" Lilliana went on.

"Okay." Keira smiled.

The ring of the first bell sounded and Lilliana and Keira walked to English.

Keira took her seat which was in between Lilliana's and Tilly's and behind Tori's.

For Keira, the lesson dragged on. Mr. Bollas dragged on about a Topic Keira learnt when she was twelve.

At the end of the lesson, Keira walked to her locker, put her English book away and grabbed out her History book.

Entering the History classroom, Keira saw Mr. Do'ves writing something on the board. She took her seat in the middle row next to Tori.

"Hey, before I forget, Lil's throwing this "I'm sorry Tilly!" party at her house tonight, but it's a surprise so don't tell Tills." Keira explained to Tori.

"Awesome!" Tori exclaimed.

At that moment, Tilly and Lilliana walked into the classroom. Lilliana sat on the other side of Tori and Tilly sat on the other side of Keira.

"Okay class listen up!" Mr. Do'ves began. "You'll see that on the board I have written 'Goodbye' well, that's because today is my last day as your teacher. I have loved teaching you all so much and  will miss you."

Lisa Rollings raised her hand. "Does that mean we're getting a new teacher?"

The class laughed.

"What?" Lisa look confused. Her black hair dye didn't hide anything.

"No Lisa, we're just gonna teach ourselves History!" Rick Spelling laughed sarcastically.

"Yes, you will have a new teacher tomorrow." Mr. Do'ves said.

The rest of the school day dragged on.

At the end of the day, Keira began driving home. She sighed as she saw her gas metre.

"Crap!" She started driving towards the nearest gas station.

Keira parked her car and filled it with gas, then went inside to pay.

As Keira began to walk to her car, someone came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned around to see a hot, tall guy with brown hair and gorgeous brown eyes looking at her. She saw him getting a coffee from the machine inside a few minutes ago.

"I think you dropped this." The guy said in a British accent, holding out a five dollar bill.

"Uh, thanks." Keira smiled. "But I don't have any five dollar bills, haven't since this morning."

"Busted! I really just wanted an excuse to introduce myself."

Keira's smile grew bigger. "Well then, now that you're here, your name is?"

"Ian Kingston. Yours?"

"Keira Fitz. Kingston? Why does that sound so familiar?"

"Probably because my cousin works at the local hospital."

"Really? What's his name?"

"Wren." Ian stated.

"Wren Kingston! I know him! Kind of."

"Kind of?" Ian looked confused.

"Yeah, my best friend's mom is friend's with him." Keira smiled.

"Oh, well I ask who she is but, I don't know any of Wren's friends so... it wouldn't be music to my ears."

Keira laughed.

"Would you like to go and sit somewhere?" Ian asked.

"Sure, but I only have like a half hour because my friends and I are throwing a surprise sleep over for our other best friend who is actually my friend who's mom know's Wren and... I just babbled that whole thing... I'm sorry, I babble when I'm nervous." Keira looked embarrassed.

"Don't be nervous." He said.

Keira and Ian went in separate cars to a deserted park. When they got there, they sat on the grass under a tree.

"So, are you a doctor like Wren?" Keira asked.

"No, I'm actually starting a teaching job."

"Oh cool. My dad was an English teacher. Now he's an English professor at Hollis."

"I'm sorry, I'm new to town, is Hollis like a University or something?" Ian asked, confused.

"I'm sorry. Yeah, it's the local university." Keira laughed. 

Ian stared into her grey eyes.

"What?" Keira asked shyly.

With that question, Ian leant in and kissed her. She kissed him back. They laid down on the grass as the kiss deepened.

Suddenly Keira's phone rang and and they both pulled away.

"I'm so sorry," Keira apologized.

"It's okay, take it." Ian said, sitting up.

"Hello?"

"Keira Lucy Fitz!"

"Hey Lil."

"Keira, you were supposed to be here ten minutes ago. Tilly's gonna be here like soonish." Lilliana sounded freaked out.

"Crap! I'm sorry, I'll be there soon." Keira hung up with Lilliana. "I'm so sorry Ian, I have to go."

"It's okay, but, take this." Ian handed Keira a piece of paper with his number on it.

She smiled and grabbed out a marker and a piece of paper from her bag. She wrote her number down and gave it to him before plantin a kiss on his lips. "Bye." She whispered, smiling.

"Bye." He smiled back.

Keira ran to her car and started driving towards Lilliana's house.