Chapter 2:

I was about to tell him I had to go but then Mum's voice ringed on my ears.

HOW EMBARRASSING, MUM!

"Hey, uhm... I need to" I point to our door and look at him; he just nods and stands up to dust some dirt off of his butt, I do the same and smile at him, he smiles back and heads to his house.

I sigh and head to mine as well.

Mum has her arms crossed on her waist, her right foot tapping the wooden floor with raised eyebrows.

"Where have you been, Belle? I just told you to take out the trash didn't I?" she asks, still tapping her foot on the floor.

I want to roll my eyes and walk out but then more trouble will come up.

"I'm sorry okay? I just... You don't even care okay? so why would you ask me where I was?" And with that, I run to my room.

Locking it behind me; I fall to my bed and let the tears fall down my eyes. Why does life have to be so complicated? Why doesn't my Mum notice me and all she notices is baby Mike blahblahblah. I'm so tired of living this life.

Sometimes I'm thinking of leaving this house and never coming back.

I sigh and wipe the drenched tears on my cheeks, I breathe in onto the pillow and close my eyes.

Oh life, you are so great to me. (note the sarcasm)

By any minute now, Mum will be knocking and yellng at me for answering back again. Ugh.

3....

2...

1...

Then there it was.

"Open the door Belle Marie Louise Howard!" she bangs her fist on my wooden door.

Worried that it might break and fall down to the floor; I stand to my feet and hesitantly grab the door knob and turn it, revealing a fuming lady.

"How dare you answer me back 2 times in 1 day! Who do you think you are, young lady?" she steps in and closes the door behind her. I turn my back at her and fall down to my bed. Back turned at her.

"Hey! I am talking to you, Belle. Face me," she demands. I roll my eyes and pretend I didn't hear her so I didn't turn my back. Instead, I got my IPhone and started scrolling. She'll leave any minute now.

I hope.

"Teenagers these days," she mutters under her breath, enough for me to hear and leaves the room without even closing the door.

Thanks Mum.

****