Jaime Lannister

Jaime sat with his head in his hands, he couldn't believe he had kissed Rhaena, more so couldn't believe she had let him. Her lips were so soft and smooth unlike his which the biting cold had left chapped and rough, her smaller frame felt so fragile in his hands. But he knew that Rhaena was everything except for fragile, she was a dragon and dragons weren't fragile.

"Brother, what has your head?" Cersei slid into his chambers, he had two options, tell her right then or tell her later when she had gotten seven glasses of wine into him. If Jaime told her now he could calculate the words as they came out, if he was drunk he would say too much and Cersei would murder him on the spot.

"I kissed Lady Rhaena." The silence that followed was loud enough to make Jaime's ears bleed, but they didn't even when Cersei moved closer to him. She didn't truly know how to react, for once Cersei Lannister was speechless, she couldn't find what to say.

"Please say something." Jaime couldn't take it, he was suffocating in the silence. Cersei looked down at her seated brother, she had always known that someone would tear him away from her. Though she hadn't expected it to be Rhaena a girl who was half their age and as wild as the dragons whose blood ran through her veins.

"I've always known, not who it would be but that this couldn't last forever." Cersei couldn't bring herself to be angry at Rhaena or Jaime, Jaime was probably tired of living in the shadows and hell Cersei herself had wanted to kiss Rhaena. The girl was radiant, so full of life and fire, her strong commanding voice that was easily diluted by giggles and melodic laughter, the girl was irresistible.

Cersei didn't know what to do for the first time in a long time, she felt helpless her brother was slipping from her finger tips. Had it been anyone else Cersei would have killed them, but it was Rhaena, the girl that had given her a tour of Winterfell and lit up the halls as they went, the girl whose head she'd cradled so tightly as she saw the mangled body of Bran on the ground. Cersei Lannister had no idea what to do.

"Are you angry?" Jaime couldn't read her, she was seemingly made of stone, her face was frozen and her eyes were unreadable.

"I wish I was." With that Cersei turned and left the room in search of the girl who had stolen her brother from right beneath her.

_______________________________

Rhaena Targaryen was writing a letter to her father, she would tell him of how Cersei Lannister cradled her head as she saw Bran's mangled body on the ground, how she had saved the sleeping body from the assassin, and how she had kissed Jaime Lannister. But she quickly laid the paper down into her desk when she heard a knock at her door.

Cersei Lannister entered the room with a sweet smile on her face as she saw Rhaena sitting at her desk, the dragon was smart too. Cersei sat on the girls bed, the dull afternoon light had no effect on her, she looked as bright as ever.

"I hear that my brother kissed you." Cersei wasn't in the mood to tiptoe around it, she was going to cut straight to the question no time for bullshit. Cersei saw how Rhaena continued to stand seamlessly, the girl didn't even flinch.

"He did, and I let him." Rhaena wasn't going to lie, there was no need Cersei wasn't a threat to her, she had been nothing but kind to her.

"Why?"

"It just felt right," Rhaena couldn't describe what it was, but something just clicked when she touched Jaime, like nothing was wrong with their relationship. But there were a lot of things wrong, Jaime was a loyal kingsguard and Rhaena was known as Ned Starks bastard, and Jaime had fathered the queens children who were technically his niece and nephews. There was a lot wrong with their relationship. "Are you upset?"

"No, for some reason I can not find it in myself to be angry." Rhaena stood up and went to sit next to Cersei, the woman seemed to be thinking hard. Rhaena was concerned she knew what happened when people thought too much, the voices in her head had nearly consumed her once when she decided to listen to what they were saying.

"I'm sorry." Cersei smiled sadly at the girl before pulling her head into her lap, she couldn't be angry when she looked into the girls wise eyes.

"It is never your fault sweet girl, men are always going to want you because you are a woman, all that matters is if you want them." Cersei smiled down at the girl who seemed to be conflicted herself, and ran her fingers through her icy blonde hair.

"You are one of the strongest women I know, your grace." Rhaena smiled at her as Cersei placed a gentle kiss onto the child's forehead. Cersei couldn't explain why she felt so close to the girl, maybe because in another life she could have been her mother, or because she was already so smart and wise Cersei saw the need to protect her. But something in Cersei was connected to the girl and as she looked down at her she felt something that she had only ever felt looking at her children.

"I have to be, just as you do, child, women are not supposed to be strong here, women need to protect other women because no man will ever do anything for us without expecting something in return." Rhaena looked at the woman who was still so beautiful and strong and wondered how Robert Baratheon had managed to keep her. But as she remembered why they were seated there, Rhaena realized that Robert hadn't, Cersei had loved another.

"There are things in this world that will try to hurt you and they only will if you let them," Cersei looked down at the young girl in her lap, "My father said that to me once."

"Your father was a rare man, he loved too much, it ultimately killed him." With that Cersei stood up, pressed a sweet kiss to Rhaena's head and exited the bedroom.

_______________________________________

Jaime w