Also, it seemed that Catalina was up to something and this only frustrated him more. He just couldn’t pinpoint what she was trying to do, the bitch was scandalous, and he needed to keep his distance before she jeopardized his business. Business was good and he had made over eight million dollars within the past two weeks, money was coming in faster than what he was used to, thanks to his connect—Camilo. Mace would have Camilo ship how many ever bricks that Mace requested. When Mace received the bricks, he would sell them—pure, and untouched. He sold each brick for double the street price; his shit was worth more so he was going to sell it for ten G’s a brick. And when he received clients from all over the U.S., money flowed in lovely. He and Carti had a meeting with the team when Carti first came back, and Carti liked what Mace had accomplished in his absence, and he agreed to be a part of the operation. Carti was even scheduled to fly out and talk to his plug about the new operation when he was in better condition; they didn’t do business over the phone.

Carti allowed Mace to stay in his position as boss until Carti felt he was well enough to have his position back. Mace didn’t mind, he was used to his new superior role, but he didn’t want to get too comfortable. Although, Carti did still put his two cents in, his soldiers still respected him, and were loyal to both men.

Mace finished off his blunt and exited his car, locking it behind him. When he reached the entrance of his condo, he inhaled and exhaled deeply before unlocking it, and going in. He looked around his living room for Shy but she wasn’t there, he continued on and went to his bedroom. When he walked in, he didn’t see Shy but he did hear water running from his adjoined bathroom. The door was slightly ajar so he invited himself in. The first thing he noticed was Shy sitting in the tub, she was naked, and she was hugging her knees while her face was buried in them. He watched as her shoulders shook, and she wept softly. He sighed; he didn’t mean to hurt her feelings.

He walked over to the tub. “Bae?” he called out. She didn’t respond.

Mace found a spot on the edge of the tub. “Baby, talk to me…” he said, in desperate need to hear her voice.

Suddenly, Mace stood to his feet. He kicked off his black, suede Timberland boots, followed by his socks. He pulled off his skully and pulled his plain, black and gray Burberry hoodie over his head, tossed it to the floor. He stripped until he was ass naked and his soft, yet, large meat was on display. He tested the water with the tips of his fingers—it was a little hot but he would deal with it. He then shut the running water off.

He slid in behind Shy, pushing her body forward so he could get comfortable. She was still in the same position, weeping quietly. Mace cursed himself for trying to fit his long ass in the tub, it was big and round because it was a Jacuzzi tub but his legs were in an uncomfortable position. He pulled Shy back into him, positioning her body so she wasn’t smashing his dick. He sat up and wrapped his long, muscular arms around her shoulders, and placed his head in the crook of her neck.

“Baby… I need you to talk to me. I won’t know what I did wrong if you don’t talk to me, ma.” He said making his deep, baritone voice soft. He kissed the back of her neck, gently.

Her shoulders had stopped shaking, and he could hear her breathing in to prevent her nose from running. After a few minutes of letting her sit there and gather herself, she lifted her head and rested her chin on her knees. “Why won’t you talk to me about anything? I mean, we’re supposed to be a team in both our business and our relationship. But you seem to lack communication skills when it comes to both. If I have a problem wit’ you, you act like you can’t own up to what you did that upset me… you just talk at me, expecting me to help you or something… like you did earlier.” Shy said, her nose was now clogged and her voice sounded funny.