Eyes For Him⇔Jughead

Comenzar desde el principio

He nodded, "Whatever," he muttered, finally pushing past her and walking away.

You spotted your friends easily in the almost empty diner, huddled around the usual booth. A smile covered your face as you approach them, sliding into the empty space beside Jughead.

"Hey," you greeted, your expression only wavering when you notice Jughead pressing himself against the window to move away from you.

Archie waved and continued to eat while Betty matched your smile and said hello.

"You okay?" you asked Jughead quietly, trying not to draw attention from the pair opposite you.

He shot you a quick glance before nodding, not bothering to give you a verbal answer.
Not wanting to push him, you only sighed-letting him have his space.

You noticed very quickly over the next week that Jughead's attitude around you in the diner wasn't a one time thing. He was avoiding you and you weren't the only one who noticed.

Having no idea what was going on with him, you were beyond confused and very hurt. You had never gone so long without talking to Jughead and you were usually the first person he confided in.

It was a huge change in your life and was taking more of a toll on you than you would have expected-hence why you were hiding in the corner of the girls locker room, trying to control your tears.

"(Y/N)?"
Your eyes snapped up, focusing in on the redhead who was taking hesitant steps towards you.

"What's wrong?"

Scoffing, you used your sleeve to try and wipe away all evidence of your tears. "Do you care?"

Her expression softened only slightly, "Of course I do."

Nodding, pretending to follow her logic, you let your legs spread out in front of you. "Right," you said. "How could I forget? My beloved cousin, Cheryl Blossom, cares deeply about how I'm doing," you continued, sarcasm practically dripping from your tone.

"There's no need to be like that," she said, taking a few more steps towards you before crouching. "What's wrong?" she asked again.

You gave her a pointed look, as if to show her that you weren't believing her act.
"Come on," she encouraged.

Sighing, you let your head fall back against the wall. "Jughead's been ignoring me lately."

"That's it?" she snorted.

Closing your eyes, you let out a laugh. "Why did I even bother?"

"It's a reflex," she defended. "Is this really bothering you so much?"

Slowly, you opened your eyes once more to meet her gaze. "He's my closest friend," you told her quietly, "without him, I just feel so..." you trailed off, unable to find the words.
Cheryl sighed, "I don't get what the big deal is, this is Jughead Jones we're talking about."

"Exactly," you countered.

"You don't need him in your life."

"That's where you're wrong," you whispered.

"Look," Cheryl insisted, "this is for the best. Jughead isn't right for you."