Best Friends Forever

Start from the beginning

“Leave me alone ya perv.” I teased and he chuckled softly. “You’re not my Mr. Right and I don’t need your herpes on me.”

“I could be your Mr. Right.”

“No you could not, you’re a cereal humper and you’d leave me faster than you ditch girls in the morning. It doesn’t matter that I’m your best friend, you’re not relationship material.” I told him and he rolled his eyes in the dark.

“Sorry I’m not up to your specifications but it doesn’t have to be about relationships. I’ve got needs.” He said with a serious expression.

“Are you serious right now?”

“As the plague.” He responded.

“You’re such a horny bastard. You cannot have sex with me Michael.”

“Why not? I don’t see anything wrong with it? We’re both single and we both have needs. It doesn’t have to be a relationship, just sex. I mean I think we can handle it.” He said. Holy god, he’s serious right now. My best friend wants to have sex with me.

“Why? Why would you want to have sex with me?”

“Because you’re totally hot and you’re lonely. Come on El, if it’s weird then we won’t do it again. Everything’s cool between us, I promise and you know that we’re buds and we can do anything together. Why not this?” He propped himself up on his elbows and looked down at me with big puppy dog eyes. His tousled brown hair fell over his hazel eyes and he used his fingers to comb it back so I’d get the full effect of his begging. The big smile he flashed was the thing that got me to give in.

“It’s been awhile…” I whined and he rolled his eyes.

“Do you really think I care?” He asked sternly and I laughed. Of course he doesn’t, Michael would do anyone.

“This is gonna be so awkward in the morning.” I groaned and that only made him laugh. “I swear if you give me some freaky STD I’ll skin you alive.”

“Don’t worry El, I’m super careful.”

“Sure you are.”

**

The next morning I woke up in an empty bed…typical Michael. I rolled over and felt a breeze where I shouldn’t. Shit, I’m naked in his bed. Oh my gosh…I totally did it with my best friend…and it was awesome. Ew, I shouldn’t be thinking that. No no no, he’s my best friend. Where is he anyways?

I jumped out of bed and pulled one of his t shirts on, if he’s gonna have sex with me he can at least let me borrow his clothes. Once I was fully clothed I walked to the glass doors and opened them to let the California breeze roll in, straight from the ocean. I walked onto the balcony and leaned against the railing. And there he was, right where I thought he’d be.

Michael sitting on his board with his back facing me, just watching the waves. The toned muscles of his back were highlighted by his sun kissed skin. “Hey Mike!” I called and saw him turn around and toss a smile my way. “I think you owe me breakfast.”

“Didn’t I satisfy you enough?” He called back and I giggled.

“I don’t know after that poor performance this breakfast could be the only thing keeping you alive.” I replied and heard his melodic laugh from the ocean below.

I decided that should be enough convincing to get him back inside so I went back into his room to put on some shorts, this breeze is definitely not comfortable. By the time I walked into the kitchen it smelled like bacon and eggs on the stove. Ha, Michael must be making breakfast.

“Sup bitch.” I asked as I skipped into the room.

“Not much slut, how’d ya sleep?” He asked from behind the stove while flipping bacon.

“Great, your bed is much more comfortable than mine.”

“That’s because it’s been tenderized.” He said and I made a gagging sound.

“Ew Mike, not cool.”

“Oh, super cool.” He replied and I rolled my eyes. A plate with breakfast food was dropped in front of me and he bowed low. “Madame, your breakfast is served.”

“Why thank you kind gentleman, I’ll be sure not to share it with you.” I said as I popped a piece of bacon into my mouth.

“Oh, I see how it is. So I’m not your best friend anymore?”

“Oh please, if you weren’t my best friend then I wouldn’t be teasing you like this.” I reminded him and he nodded in understanding.

“How could I forget? Ella the jokester, always taking out her anger on poor little Michael. I’m just the defenseless friend in the situation.”

“Defenseless really?” I poked his rock hard abs and he chuckled. Michael gets so much exercise out on those waves, that’s why all the girls love him. That and his big hazel eyes and charming attitude. I mean he’s a total catch but as my best friend I don’t think I’m allowed to think about him like that. But after last night I think that I can think about him any way that I want to.

“You’re jealous.” He teased.

“Oh please I look great.”

“Why don’t you show off that bod on the waves with me?” He asked giddy like a child. I’m not as good a surfer as he is but I can keep myself afloat. We surf every weekend and even on weeknights sometimes but not today.

“Sorry, I’ve got work to do.” I said and he groaned.

“Come on El, you’ve got your whole life to work.”

“Yeah, and I’ve got my whole life to surf.” I told him before jumping out of my seat to place my plate in the sink. He caught me in his arms around the waist and I giggled. “Come on Mike, I’ve got work.”

“No, you’ve got surfing to catch up on missy. That ass Tyler made you miss your time with me and now you’ve got some making up to do.” When I heard his name it was like a stab in the chest. Michael was only trying to help but it still hurts to be reminded of the guy I’d wasted a year of my life on.

“I think I made up for all the time I missed last night.” I shot him a wink and he gave me a sly smile.

“So it’s not awkward?”

“I thought it would be but you really are my best friend. I could do anything with you.”

“Does that mean you’re going to come surfing?” He asked with excitement.

“Ugh, fine you nag I’ll come with you.” I said finally giving in. That boy gets everything he wants. It’s not fair really.