Chapter 1

Elsa's P.o.V

When I was younger, after the incident with my sister, I locked myself in my room.  During the winter I would see this strange boy always running around brandishing a staff.  I would always giggle at him running across town.  One day, while I was reading, there was a crash on the balcony.  I closed my book and got up, curious of what was happening.  I saw the boy on my balcony.

"Um, excuse me," I said quietly, "but who are you?"

The boy stares at me, "You can see me?" he asked.

"Well, yes.  But who are you?  Why are you here?" I asked again.

"I-I'm Jack, Jack Frost.  I crash landed on your balcony.  May I ask who you are?" he asked.

"I'm Elsa, Princess of Arendelle." I said.  

"Well, Princess, do you mind if I come in?" he asked.

"No, I mean uh..yes!  You can't come in, you should leave." I said fast.

"But, why?" he asked.

"Just go, I don't want to hurt you." I said. He crouched down.

"How could you hurt me?"

"I-I-I h-have powers."

"What kind of powers?"

"Ice powers..."

"Really, me too!"

"Nuh uh."

"Yeah, watch this!" he said.  He moved his staff around the floor, the trail was ice in the shape of a heart.  My mouth dropped open.  "What about you, Princess of Ice?  What can you do?"  I looked at him nervously but made snow and threw it into the air, like with Anna.

"Impressive." he said. "Princess, may I ask how you know me?"

"I don't know you." I said.

"Well of course you do!  If you didn't know who I was you wouldn't believe in me and wouldn't be able to see me." he said.

"Oh, um, my parents tell me that a winter spirit called Jack Frost had given me my powers. I always see you running around here, why is that?"

"Well, as I said before, I'm the one and only Jack Frost.  When you see me running around, you see me bringing winter to the kingdom."

"So you're the one in all of the stories?"

"Yes, that's me."

"Wow." I breathed. "I wish I could be like that, running around making it snow."

"Well, why not?"

"I-I hurt people with my powers.  I can't control them."

"Oh, well, I can help you." he said cheerfully.

"Really!?  You can help!?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, it'll be fun." he said.  He had come back often and would always help me, but sometimes we just played around.  When my powers got stronger and more out of control, I got frantic.  Jack was the one who had calmed me down and kept me on track.

Then my parents died.  Jack was with me when the maids delivered the news.

"My lady, there has been a tragic accident involving your parents." the maid said through the door.  I looked over at Jack wide eyed.

"What?" I asked.

"Their ship went down in a storm, I'm so sorry." she said.  I had spent that day crying, even Jack couldn't cheer me up.  A few days later Anna came to tell me about the funeral.  When Jack had come I told him.

"Well of course you should go." he said.

"But Jack, my powers might show, I might be exposed.  I don't know if I can do it, there will be too many emotions.  I won't be able to handle it." I said pacing.

"Yes you can, we've been practicing, you can do it." he said.

I sighed, "Okay, I'll go."  When the day of the funeral came I was dressed when Jack came.  When Anna came to the door to hear my answer, I panicked.

"I-I-I won't be going." I said turning away.

"But Elsa..." she started but had stopped herself, and left.

"Elsa, what are you doing!?  I thought you said you would go!" he said.

"I can't do it!  Don't you see, I'm not strong enough!  I can't!" I yelled.

"You're strong enough, why can't you believe in yourself!?" he had yelled back.

"Because I don't need believers!!" I yelled.  Then I had realized what I said, but it was too late.

"Well, I guess we can stop believing in each other, then." he said bitterly, then flying out of the window.  That day I stopped seeing Jack, that day I cried out of disappointment in myself.  I convinced myself that Jack wasn't real, he was just a figment of my imagination to keep me company.  That day, I stopped believing.

Everyday after that, I was reminded of my choices.  The choice to skip my parents' funeral, the choice to scream at figment Jack and lose my only (imagined) friend.  Then it was time I became queen.

And that's when everything changed.

Author's Note:

Hello my lovely readers!!! I am back with another Jelsa story!!  I am sorry for the shortness of the chapter but I couldn't come up with anything for days and finally got back on track.  I hope next chapter will be better.  Okay, as usual...Read/Write on!

P.S If you haven't read my other Jelsa fan fic, A Cold Love, please read it!! It's completed so enjoy it if you haven't already!