KG Machinery

DEF Dispensing System

Camlock Cam And Groove Fittings

Camlock - used to quickly connect and disconnect hose or pipe fittings on industrial containers. Additionally called cam and groove fittings, or cam lock couplings, they're utilized in a wide variety of tote and drum purposes for storage and transportation of liquid and dry products. Cam and groove fittings are available in lots of materials however in the metal drum and tote trade, it is commonly manufactured from stainless steel or polypropylene. Camlock fittings are also called cam and groove as a result of they include the male grooved connector, and a feminine cam, coupling collectively to type a good seal.

These cam and groove fittings can be used with totally different totes, tanks, and containers that hold totally different materials. Camlock fittings are an excellent choice for applications in low stress fluid handling. They join rapidly and conveniently by inserting the grooved coupling into the cam coupling and easily closing the camlock arms. That is one of the best and safest option to connect two pipes or hoses collectively as a result of the tight seal is tight and leak preventative. Safety pins forestall the camlock arms from unintended disconnection during use. The cam lock has a cap which closes the tote or drum hole when not coupled with a hose.

Sizing Cam Lock Fittings

Out there in a broad range of sizes and styles, cam & groove fittings are common in a wide array of industries. Standard sizes for cam and groove fittings are 3/four" as much as 6". Intermediate bulk containers generally have 2" pipe, so the 2" diameter cam and groove is simple to seek out and purchase. Often the camlock fittings on a tanker or tote will likely be four". One ought to have a measurement adapter out there if they're running a 2" feeder line in lieu of a 4" line.

Camlock Fittings Utilization

The cam lock couplings connect two pipes or hoses together by attaching the female camlock adapter to 1 finish of the tube or hose, and the male end of the camlock to the attaching tube or hose and then pushing down the lock levers to create and hold a tight connection seal.

1. Take away tote valve cam lock safety cap.

2. Join male camlock adaptor.

3. Join the feminine cam lock that is hooked up to the two" hose to the male camlock adaptor on the tote.

4. Lock camlock in place with the locking arms.

Purposes for cam and groove fittings embrace petroleum handling, chemical processing, dry bulk dealing with, rail automotive unloading, agricultural, and water. These cam lock couplings are popular due to the fast connect design - it is quick and straightforward to make a connection.

Interchangeable terminology for the Camlock

• camlock

• camlock fittings

• cam lock

• cam lock couplings

• cam and grove

• cam and grove fittings

What's an SFIC Padlock? Is this some type of new safer padlock? Is that this a new type digital padlock? The straightforward answer to these questions is that an SFIC padlock uses an SFIC lock core, hence the title.

An SFIC (small format interchangeable core) lock core allows the top consumer to alter the lock core by using a change key to take away and install the new lock core. Since this padlock uses the sort of lock core it can be keyed the identical as say the front door. They can be keyed alike, keyed totally different or master keyed.