Chapter Two

I think it's a bit selfish to be aware of something yet still want everything to go your way. So when Kaitlyn decided to keep me awake, knowing I haven't seen the back of my eye lids for over seventeen hours, I was everything but happy with her.

"Kaitlyn, I'm telling you, he bought a coffee and he helped me finish my paper. That's it." She sighed and rested her head on my pillow. 

"I think you need to get some d-" she began. I lifted my head and scolded her.

"Don't you dare!" She laughed and sat up. 

"Why don't you just call him?" She suggested. 

Why don't I just call him? I mean other than the fact that it's four in the morning and he's probably sleeping, there's nothing wrong with that plan. Or maybe the fact that he probably isn't even interested in me at all! Yeah, that's a perfect excuse! I mean who would just approach some random hot mess in a cafe and be into them. I don't even remember the last time I actually had time to shower!

I disgust myself. 

"What if I don't even like him?" I questioned. She raised her eyebrows and felt my forehead.

"Are you sick? It's Harry fucking Styles!" She exaggerated. I bit the inside of my cheek and waited for her to continue. "Plus, think of all the expensive things he would buy you!"

That's where I stopped listening to her. Of course, he is an extremely attractive man and yeah I would love to see his astonishingly defined jawline and pretty pink lips every day. But one, he's way out of my league and two, there's a very good chance he's not even looking for something serious, as I am. I'm the type of girl who wants someone to talk to rather than a new purse. It's not like I'm not into fashion and accessories because I love a new pair of shoes just like anyone else but if I had to pick between cuddling and a movie or a shopping spree I'd probably choose the former. Wouldn't anyone else just want to spend time with that amazing man?

"Sydney, are you even listening to me?" Kaitlyn asked. I smiled and nodded my head. 

No.

"Yeah, sorry I was just thinking" I lied. She smiled and leaned back.

"About him?" She teased. I scoffed and replied.

Yes.

"No, about how sleep deprived I am." She rolled her eyes and got up. With a simple salute, she fell backward onto her bed and granted me with what I've been asking for the past two hours, sleep. However, that's not what I wanted anymore. What I wanted was to find out who Harry Styles really was... and why he couldn't leave my thoughts. 

I grabbed my phone from under my pillow and unlocked it. I threw my blanket over my head and opened the messages app. I bit my lip and sent him a text.

Me: Hey, are you awake?

Should I have not texted the man at 5 a.m? I mean plenty of people wake up this early right? Right? Am I just over thinking this or has it been like an hour since I've sent that. No, no, it's been forty-five seconds... Okay, you've got this Syd. Keep it together. Stop. Oh god, what if he thinks I've been waiting all night to text him. What if he just replies with a one-word answer? What if he doesn't reply at all?

Before I knew it, a notification appeared on my screen.

Harry Styles: Yeah, is everything okay?

Me: Haha yeah, just bored.

Jesus Christ Sydney, dial it down a bit.

Harry Styles: Well, what about your craving for sleep??