Chapter Two- Adonis sees Joel with no pants on

I woke up the next day, vaguely remembering falling asleep in Adonis' arms. A headache began to uncurl itself onto my temples.

Finn was absolutely forbidden to keep friends overnight, so Adonis isn't still here. If Finn and/or I bent any rules set up by our parents, Lydia blabbered about it. So, crisis adverted. Right? Right?

Wrong.

I wrestled on a shirt, still in boxers because I had to get some jeans out of the dryer. As I walked around a corner, into the kitchen, I saw Adonis. He was leaning on the counter, reading a book that I couldn't read the title of.

"Adonis?!" I squeaked, running back across the counter so he couldn't see my bare legs.

"Oh, hey Joel." He smirked, dog-earing his book and setting it down. "Finn's not feeling well, he called me over so I can take you to school."

"Ugh," I grunted, starting to walk to his room. "He's never feeling well."

"Nice boxers, Joey." Adonis chuckled.

I stormed over to the dining table and scooped up an abandoned fork, ninja starring it at him. "Don't call me that!" I said, as he narrowly dodged the utensil.

"Is that what I get for saving your life?" He teased.

I ignored him, marching to Finn's room. I raped at the door, "FINN!" I called, pounding the white wooden planks of his door. I heard a distant grunt, if it meant "Come in!" or "Stay away!" I didn't care. I swung the door open anyways.

"Ugh!" Finn groaned, covering his face from the hallway light. "Don't you speak English?"

"Get up!" I ignored his accusation. "Drive me to school!"

"Isn't Adonis here to drive you?"

"Yes. GET UP!!"

I heard a wail coming from Lydia's room, announcing she had just had a nightmare.

Tough luck, kid, I'm living a nightmare right now!

"Lydia's crying," Finn began, covering his head with the covers. "You should probably take care of that."

"GET. UUUPPPPP!!!!!!!!! " I had no idea I had the ability of screaming that loud.

_~_~_

I sat in the passenger seat, sulking. Finn was just impossible. Where would he be when I needed him most?

He would probably say that he's not feeling well and ignore me. As always.

I looked out the window, my nails finding their way to my teeth.

"You okay?"

I looked at Adonis, sighing. "I'm sorry about yelling at you. I'm worried about Finn."

Adonis narrowed his eyes, not taking them off the road. "Well, he said he just had a stomach ache."

I chuckled, "No, not like that. I'm worried that he will never be there for me."

Adonis hesitated, choosing his words carefully. "There'll always be someone out there for you, Joel." He said, putting his hand on my knee, a comforting gesture. "It doesn't matter if they're your brother. But even so, Finn'll come around."

I snorted, "What makes you say that?"

He smiled at me. "I'll make sure of it."

_~_~_

"So, new kid has a name!" Victoria greeted me, almost instantly after the awkward-yet-cute car ride with Adonis. She was waiting for me by the entrance door.