Tom opened the front door and all I could hear was all of them speaking to each other in German. Oh, how great. I rolled my eyes at the thought of being left out of all their conversations. I just hoped they weren't like Tom, otherwise I wouldn't be able to put up with them. Or I would fall in love with all of them. What? My thoughts sounded awfully wrong.

– That's Avery. The girl I talked to you about. – Tom said and suddenly I came back to reality and noticed how they were all standing there looking at me. I wanted to run away, but instead my body moved willingly and greeted all of them. – Avery, that's Georg, Gustav, my mother Simone, and my father Gordon. – Tom introduced them to me as he pointed at each one of them. I smiled at them. I hoped they found me to be sweet enough.

– Nice to meet you, Avery. – Simone said. – Tom told us a lot about you. – my heart nearly skipped a beat. I widened my eyes.

– He did? Oh. – I was surprised.

– I didn't. – Tom shook his head and rolled his eyes. – My mom likes you already, that's it. – he avoided the subject. – Okay you guys can stay in Bill's bedroom. And you both can stay in the guests' room like usual. – he told the G's, and then his parents. His parents nodded, picked up their bags and walked upstairs.

– Where will Avery stay? – Georg asked.

– In my room. – Tom rolled his eyes, almost guessing what was coming for him.

– Oh, I see. – Gustav smirked.

– It's not like that, I'm sleeping on the couch.

– He insisted. – I told them.

– Tom never gives up his bedroom. – Georg raised an eyebrow and glanced at Tom. – And he surely never insists for someone to stay there.

– Yeah, okay guys. That's enough. Move. – Tom nearly pushed them onto the stairs for them to go to Bill's room while they laughed their asses off. They finally walked upstairs and Tom walked over to me. – Where did you put your things?

– In your room?

– Good. – he said and sat down on the couch. He was being colder than usual and I frowned.

– You okay? – I asked as I sat down next to him. He simply nodded, not taking his eyes off of the TV. – You know you didn't have to give up your room for me.

– Avery I'm not arguing with you again. – he sighed.

– Okay. – I put my arms up in defense and got up. – I'm going to shower. You should cook dinner. – I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs to his bathroom.

I had a quick shower and got dressed before stepping out of the bathroom. I decided to sit down on the bed for a while. I looked around the bedroom and my eyes laid on his guitar. I got up and walked over to it. I touched the strings and a low sound came from the guitar. I remembered how I loved to watch and hear Tom play. He hadn't done it ever since the accident.

All of a sudden the door opened and Tom came in. I stepped away from the guitar.

– What are you doing? – he glanced at the guitar and then at me.

– Nothing. – I shrugged.

– Dinner's ready. – he simply said and then left, closing the door with full force. I held myself together not to go after him and punch him for being a dick to me sometimes. I opened the door slowly and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

I sat down at the table far away from his seat. I didn't even feel like being near him. Once the G's and his parents got downstairs they too sat down as well as Tom and we all started eating.

They were all really nice to me and we spent nearly the entire dinner talking to each other. But not Tom. He barely said any word.

– Tom told us you're a doctor. – his mother said.

– Not quite. – Tom said suddenly and I gave him a defiant look.

– I have a doctorate from Cali's University. – I explained.

– Oh, that's great! – she smiled at me. – That's very prestigious.

– She doesn't have a job. – Tom said blandly. I frowned at him. What was up with him?

– I do. I only get started in two months though.

– Tom we're not about to put up with one of your moods. – his father said.

– Sure. – Tom got up and started cleaning up the kitchen and the table while we talked to each other a bit more.

The G's were seriously funny and his parents were so easy to talk to. Tom was lucky to have them by his side. I realized how I wasn't the only one who had to put up with his temperamental ass. They hated it too.

Once we were done we all got up from our seats and they headed to their rooms. I watched as Tom put a pillow and a blanket on the couch for himself and laid down afterwards. I refused to go near him and I simply went up to his bedroom, only to have an awful night of sleep again.

Odds Are Against Usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें