EXTENDED SUMMARY

"SHE WAS AN OCEAN CONFINED IN A COFFEE MUG

"SHE WAS AN OCEAN CONFINED IN A COFFEE MUG. AND SHE HAD GALAXIES CONFINED IN HER PRETTY EYES."

"Evelien was the epitome of the perfect girl in a not so shiny world, which made it easy for them to bring it all down."

EVELIEN MONARCH
was called 'princess' whenever somebody announced her name or if her mother came to pick her up from school. She was beautiful and intelligent to the bone, and never seemed to want anything else but a normal life with a funny and happy guy like Ned Leeds.

Evelien has had a crush on him ever since she came to Midtown, so it would be natural in her tenth year to want him to ask her to homecoming. But after he ditched it, Evelien stayed at home and watched movies all night in her homecoming dress eating nothing but Puffy Cheetos and a two-litre of Dr Pepper.

Everything changed when breaking news hit, and brought the deaths of the friendly neighbour superhero in red and blue tights, and the infamous Vulture. But what surprised Evelien the most, was that Peter was in the suit, crushed by the force of the villian,
dead.

Wishing she had gone to homecoming to have one last night of happiness with friends at least, Evelien didn't believe it. But after finding news vans and trucks littering the apartment complex of Aunt May's, it confirmed a most sickening truth. But it became crystal when Ned Leeds showed up to school with no Peter in tow.

Ned wasn't okay, he bailed on most of his classes, talked as little as possible to students and teachers, and he raged when you tried to talk about what happened. He was broken, but Evelien wanted to help him.

She knew Peter personally and loved having him around and missed him everyday and saw him in all the little things she had to do. Evelien would always remember Peter sitting on the bleaches or him next to her doing homework pushing his glasses up. The loss affected everyone, the teaches, other students, and the city which seemed to be in chaos because no one was there to save it. Not in Queens at least.

Evelien wasn't a stranger to death, her grandmother died when she was a child and now she has no one she can really talk to anymore or connect with. She was one of the last of her non-adoptive family. So when Ned had the same look she had when she was full of hopelessness and overwhelming grief, Evelien stepped in and tried to show him the light.

The world seemed to be under a fog. After everything Evelien has been through, all she wanted was the world to be good and to smile again. But most of all, Evelien just wanted Ned Leeds to smile again, because even just him makes the world seem brighter.

EXTRA - SIDE NOTES

I've personally had to get over a loss, and seeing all these Peter Parker stories made me wonder, how much impact would be made if he died. This is going to be AU since I haven't read the comics and most of this is based after homecoming. This story MAY be linked to any story that I write in the universe.

Ned isn't going to be the happy go lucky that he always is, he's going to be crying, rough around the edges, and won't have interest in the old things he'd done with Peter. He thinks doing the things they loved together again, would replace something deep in his mind that would be gone forever. That's where Evelien comes in, she teaches him it's okay to keep living, it's okay to cry and yell, because that's the only way. You just need to get all the heartbreaking tough stuff out, and just remember the memories because those ones that were really strong good memories, don't fade just because the person you made them with is gone.

But Evelien won't start out kissing Ned or be together with him and vise versa, it's going to be slow, because in the end that's where they work off some of the grief. They remember him and themselves happy, and try and stay that way.

The middle of the story though, will be about not only Ned dealing, but others who were affected by Peter as well. A teenager dying affects everyone, not just the ones really close.

NEW DEVELOPMENTS - SIDE NOTES

Yeah so, this book is back. I unpublished it because I didn't feel I was ready for it, but what the heck. I'll do it. Have fun reading and help me with deciding my plot!

Cover is by voidkhaleesi