"Aye it's my boy Julian!" Khalid screamed all excitedly. Khalid sat in the row in front of me me and for some reason was always too loud for my liking. "What's up k?" He asked as they did the bro handshake that every single teenage boy I knew did.

"Nothin, what class did you get switched out of?" "Ap physics, that shit was too hard for me." "Its been one day", Khalid laughed. "I don't give a fuck, I hated it."

"Hey Manning" Miles said suddenly which scared me. What if he recognized me and hates me, then what? "Aye McKay what's good?" "Nothin, just doing that shitty math homework Mendoza gave us." "I hate her. That homework was too stressful."

"Alright class why don't you take out your notebooks and write about what you know about psychology", Mr Jackson said interrupting their conversation. "Can you write something on my paper so I can finish this?" Miles asked referring to the homework that he was in the middle of trying to complete. "Yeah.", I responded as I looked back down at his paper.

"Yo Miles do you have a pen or something that I can write with?" Julian asked turning around to him. "Nope I only have this." he said holding up the pencil that he had gripped in his hand.

"Do you have one?" He asked turning to me."Yeah" I said snatching the pencil Miles had in his hand. "Thanks" he said with a wink.

"What the heck Morgan." Miles whispered very angrily. "Relax, I'll give you a new one." I said reaching into my backpack pulling out a new one. "This isn't sharpened" "too bad" "Morgan!" "Chill I was just joking, give me that" I laughed while getting out of my seat.

"Can you sharpen mine too?" Julian asked staring at the pencil. "Fine" I said as he handed me the pencil. "aye can you sharpen mine too?" Khalid asked handing Julian the pencil. "This isn't a pencil sharpening party you know" "right and I'm sure Noah would love to hear about how you would love to get back together with him"

"Wait you dated Noah?" Julian asked trying to contain his laughter. "Yeah but we broke up in June." "They were together thanks to me" Khalid attempted to flaunt. "Buddy that's not something you should be proud of, you set her up with a guy who probably has an std by now.", Julian laughed.  "oh well they both clearly hit it off, so you can call me the main matchmaker. I can get you a girl you know?" "No thanks I'm focused on soccer right now but maybe later", Julian said declining Khalid's offer.

"Well I should go get these pencils sharpened because they can't sharpen themselves." "You go do that" Julian said actually laughing at my dumb joke. "Yup I'll be right back." I said turning around and then bumping into Noah.

"Oh hi gorgeous." he said trying to act like we were still together. "Ugh" "So I see your game morg, and I wanna be apart of that game." he said following me to the pencil sharpener. "What game?" "You're flirting with your sisters' boyfriend, the loud kid, and the new kid just to win me back. I'm glad to be the prize"

"Are you really that dumb?" "Hell no, I'm the smartiest boy in this whole school." "oh yeah definitely." "Hey don't be sarcastic with me, I'm being serious" "And so am I. It just seems like you're jealous of the three of them" "Or maybe you're jealous of your sister, I mean you are hanging with her boy toy." "You know what, you really are the smartest boy, but you definitely aren't worth my time." I said walking back over to my desk.

"Here Miles get working.", I laughed. "I was until you ruined it for me." "Yeah okay your work won't do itself so keep it going."

"Khalid" I whispered so that I didn't have to face talking to Julian once again. "Khalid!" I whispered once again and there was still no response. "Khalid!!!"

"Ooh Khalid our pencils are ready." Julian said ecstatically waiting for me to hand him his freshly sharpened pencil. "Yup." "oh yeah I never got your name, what is it?" "Are you serious?" I asked and then the bell rang.