Chapter 13 Greens

Beginne am Anfang

"Butch?" She asks.

"Yeah, how are you baby?" Butch answers.

"Still waiting for you to come home," Was her immediate response.

"I don't know where I am so it might be awhile," Butch responds, scratching the back of his head as if she could see him.

"I know and I don't care. Just get your ass back home sometime, ok?" She demands.

"Ok," Butch agrees.

And you've nothing but amazing. And I never take that for granted. Half of the birds would have flew the coop. But you, you truly understand it. And the fact you stood beside me. Every time you heard some bogusness. You deserve a standing o 'cause they'd a just been over it.

Butch rushes home and immediately scoops Buttercup up in his arms. He twirls her around, her laughter filling the room and making Butch's heart swell. This girl would wait until the end of the room for him and all simply because she loves him. Butch would never ask for more. He knows she is 100% amazing and so much more. He also knows he should never take it for granted.

"You're so fucking amazing and great and wonderful and per-," Butch starts to tell her but she cuts him off by pressing her lips to his and silencing him. Not that he would complain about her way of silencing of him. Butch actually quite loves it. He is amazed at how she is the one. Just about any other girl would have left him a long time ago but Buttercup stays. She even puts up with his bogus answers. This girl deserves the world and so much more.

Let em talk, let em talk, let em talk, let em talk. Like we don't hear what they saying. Let em walk, let em walk, let em walk, let em walk. We'll just drive by and keep waving cause you and I above all that. Just let them wallow in it.

Butch sees how what other people say about them bother Buttercup. She was once on of the town's, hell the world's, greatest protectors but she threw it all away for him. Buttercup gave up so much and now she is just a disgrace for loving him. It bothers him to. Especially since even her sisters talk when they think Buttercup can't hear. And his brothers who turned over a new leaf for Blossom and Bubbles talk too.

Butch just kisses her and holds her close saying, "Let em talk. They don't mean a thing. One day they'll end up alone but you'll always have me." Buttercups would smile and snuggle more into Butch. Burying her face into his neck as he comfortingly strokes her back.

Her sisters just walk away from her. Butch just keeps driving by and letting her wave to them. He knows this little interaction means the world to her. So what if they ignore her? Butch and Buttercup were way above that. Let them wallow in the past instead of moving on like they did.

Now they all choked up, yuck. Cause they be swallowing it. I don't know where you're going or when you're coming home. I left the keys under the mat to our front door. For one more chance to hold you close. I don't know where you're going. Just get your ass back home. No one holds me down like you do, sweetheart. You keep doing that. I keep doing this. And we'll be alright in the end. Trust that. We put the us in trust, baby. Let's go.

Butch always knows where his home is. They keys are under the mat and Buttercup is inside waiting to hold him again. She is the only one who holds his heart. No one has ever kept him as grounded quite as much or the way Buttercup has. He wouldn't change a thing about it. Buttercup keeps their home life going and Butch keeps bringing the money. Sure its dirty money but its money none the less. In the end, everything for them will turn out right. They'll be alright. They trust each other and that is all that matters.

I don't care what you're after as long as I'm the one. No I don't care why you're leaving. You'll miss me when you're gone. I don't know where you're going or when you're coming home. I left the keys under the mat to our front door. For one more chance to hold you close. I don't know where you're going. Just get your ass back home. I'm home baby.

Buttercup sits down on her couch… their couch. All the memories they made on this couch come back to her. Their endless make out, perfect nights that started here, watching movies or tv and snuggling close. No one but her knew it but Butch loved to cuddle. She did too. Buttercup smiled thinking about Butch. She didn't care that he left as long as she was the only he came home too. And she was sure she was. No she'll never know where he goes or when he comes home. But they both know that the keys will be under the mat and their arms open for each other.

"Just get your ass back home," Buttercup mutters to herself.

"I'm home baby," He says, smirking leaning against the doorway to their living room. Her green eyes fill with excitement as she throws herself into his arms, immediately catching his lips with her. His ass is back home, her heart is whole again, and their love continues to grow.