Chapter 8

*Dean's POV*

It's been three days since Caitlin was bitten. Cas hasn't come back, and I don't think he will either.

Caitlin won't talk to anyone. Not even her mother. She just sits alone and stares off into space.

She's got less than a day until the full moon. I can't get a hold of Crowley. Cas won't answer me or Sam. I don't know what to do.

"Dean?!" Carine calls from the other room.

I walk into Caitlin's room to find Carine holding a wet cloth to her forehead. Caitlin's wearing only a spaghetti strap shirt and shorts. Sweat is pouring down her face, her cheeks bright with fever.

"It's starting." I say, not knowing what to do.

"Dad..." Caitlin whimpers, thrashing her legs.

"Dean?"

I look up into Carine's eyes. They're watery and glassy with tears.

"What do we do?"

"There's...there's not much we can do. Cas and Crowley won't answer me. They're the only ones that I'm certain can help her."

Carine looks down at Caitlin, tears spilling down her face.

"Don't worry, baby." She whispers. "We'll help you. I promise." She leans down and kisses her forehead.

*Caitlin's POV*

I'm burning up. It feels like my body is on fire.

I can't open my eyes, no matter how hard I try. It's as if they're glued shut.

Pain shoots up my left leg. I cry out, pulling my legs up to my chest.

"Sweetie, you're okay. You're okay."

"Mom..." I whimper.

Mom lays her hand on my shoulder, sending pain throughout my body. I scream, rolling away from her.

"About damn time you got here." Dad says.

"Well, I'm sorry. I've got Hell to run. I've been a bit busy."

"Crowley..." Dad growls.

"Why isn't Cassie here?" Crowley asks.

"When Caitlin was taken, he left. Hasn't come back."

Pain crashes through my head and chest. I scream again.

"Shit!!" Dad yells.

"It's happening." Sam says. "Why are you just standing there? Help her!"

"Oh, there's nothing I can do."

"What?" Mom asks.

It no longer feels like my body's on fire. It now feels like I've been engulfed in lava. I scream again.

"Please!!" I scream.

"I'm sorry. I can't help you."

"Crowley, don't-"

"And he's gone."

"Castiel!!" I scream, tears streaming down my face. "Please!!"

(Hey!! Author here!! So, how'd you like this chapter? Do you think Cas will show? Will Caitlin turn? Well, you'll just have to keep reading to find out.)

Carry On Wayward Daughterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें