"But this kid. This kid's got no one. You know, and... There's a reason why. There's gotta be!" Stiles exclaimed, slamming the book shut as he let out an exasperated sigh. Thunder started to crackle in the air behind them, both of them tensing slightly at the noise.

Stiles watched as Lydia suddenly seemed to zone out, a concentrated look on her face.

 "Give this man a ride, sweet family will die. Killer on the road." 

"Riders on the Storm?"

"What?" Lydia asked, snapping out of her small trance like state as she looked at him weirdly.

"That's the song, Riders on the Storm?" Stiles asked, cocking an eyebrow at her random outburst of an old song. She had done many weird things with her banshee powers, but this was just completely strange to the boy.

"That's it." Lydia said, realisation crossing her face as she thought about what had just happened. 

"What's it?" Stiles queried, not having caught on to her stream of thinking yet. 

"The Ghost Riders. The Wild Hunt. They come by storm, riding horses. And they take people." Lydia explained, and just like that Stiles had never felt more grateful for her to be so intuitive.

"Lydia, you're so smart, I could kiss you right now!" Stiles yelped, a massive grin spreading across his face as he smiled at her. Lydia's eyes widened slightly at his comment, not moving a muscle. 

"Do not kiss me." She ordered, watching him to see what his next move would be.

"Not gonna, no," Stiles said as he started to move away. The lanky boy quickly ran back, placing a wet kiss on her cheek before cheering and ducking away. "Did it anyway!" He paused for a second, something coming across his feature as he thought about what she had just told him.

As if this information was a key to some other part of his mind, he froze as he looked towards the strawberry blonde. "L.H."

"What?"

"The jacket we found, it had L.H stitched into it. Holy shit," he muttered, memories starting to come back to him as he began to move away from Lydia slightly. "I can't believe we forgot about Levi."

Lydia was confused for a second before she found herself smiling slightly, still feeling the kiss on her cheek as the boy sprinted out of sight. She wasn't sure who Levi was, but it send a feeling of warmth through her at the name.

//.//

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Ms Martin yelled, grabbing on to Stiles as he went barrelling towards her. Scott was going to look for the rest in a different direction, while Stiles checked inside the school for their friends who were on the road that night with the ghost riders.

"Sorry!" He said as she cut him off.

"Slow it down." Lydia's mum said, watching as the boy frantically looked around. 

‭"Sorry. Ms. Martin, sorry. Hey, have you seen, uh, Liam and Hayden? Actually, forget that. Have you seen my dad?" He asked, desperately needing to see any of them to explain the wild hunt theory that him and Lydia had just discovered.

"Who?" She asked, looking at the boy in a way that made him uneasy.

"My dad. He's here because of the body?" 

"How do you know about the body?" She asked him, Stiles getting even more tense by the second as to why Ms Martin was asking him these weird questions that she should already know the answer to.

"Because my dad's the Sheriff. Ms. Martin, are you okay?" He replied, feeling a sense of dread starting to fill him. He had an idea what was happening, but surely he was wrong.